Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Busy Bees

Today felt like a non-stop day! I know I'm not the only one who has days like this. I left bright and early this morning with the kiddos to get them flu shots. Well, I shouldn't say bright....it was more dark and raining cats and dog or elephants or something:)

We sat in traffic for an hour before finally making it to the doctors. The boys did great! E got hers last week and was obviously still traumatized as she burst into tears when the doctor walked in and cried in sympathy with her brothers.  She actually had a reaction to hers and the doctor is deciding what to do with future shots. 

Both boys refused the nasal spray and opted for shots. Yup, those are my kids! haha. Samuel volunteered to be first, hopped up on the table, rolled up his sleeve and watched the whole process, tense but without a peep. I was SO proud of him! Shots have been so very hard for him in the past and I couldn't believe how brave he was.

Zakkai started out brave with the wonderful example of big bro before him but chickened out when it was his turn:( He had to be forcibly lifted onto the table and the nurse had to literally bear hug him to get him to hold still while I held his hands. I felt bad for him but he brightened up with the magical appearance of stickers. And later they each got their very first pack of baseball trading cards as a prize. Daddy may or may not have had something to do with that;)

Then we rushed back to get the boys to school. On the way back I noticed our tire pressure light came on and started hearing a weird "bump bump" sound as we were getting off the highway. Long story short, by the time all the errands/picking-ups/dropping offs of today got finished and we came home, our tire (almost brand-new tire I might add) was very flat. When B and I went out to look at it a little while ago, it was completely flat so we are trying to figure out how to get it fixed. Yuck.

On top of that, we are having brake issues and have to get that checked out a.s.a.p. And if that weren't enough, B got a call back from his dr and his blood tests came back showing definite signs of gallbladder issues. They want to do more tests, including a ridiculously expensive blood test and an ultrasound.

So. I guess the bottom line is, when it rains, it pours? Literally.

Praying for wisdom, peace and provision!!
````````````````````````
I took some pictures the other day of all 3 kiddos just hanging out together on the floor:) They have all been playing with or near each other lately. It's really cute!


Eliana's been doing a funny new thing these past several days of randomly stopping in the middle of crawling, spreading out on her belly and kicking her legs for a few seconds. Then she gets back up and goes on her merry way:)


She has also really gotten into trying to climb the stairs in the past few days. She is getting awfully persistent and we are having to block her way now!


She thinks she's a big girl these days!


Today I am really thankful that the kiddos and I made it safely to the drs and back in the pouring rain with a bad tire. Thank you, God!!

1 comment:

grandma said...

I love the picture of E sitting on the stairs so proud of her self. Time to teach her to go down those stairs. It is a scary thing but maybe gate will work. thank you for talking to me today. You and I are so much alike we can build up all kind of terrible things after going to the Dr. Help us Lord.

Followers