Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Little Firemen.

Hey, there. I'm feelin' more normal tonight so you don't have to worry about any crazy stories;)

It was a gorgeous day over here! upper 70s and sunny with nary a cloud in sight. Eliana and I took a walk to the library after Z got off to preschool. I was hankering for some new books.

And I also returned a watch inside my old books that were due yesterday:) The library called. It's official: I've lost it!

My mind, that is.
Zakkai has been practicing his dribbling every chance he can get and we can already see improvement! Tonight after dinner we took a walk (E slept late so she was up!) and Zakkai dribbled the whole way to the park:) What a cutie!

I had this thought that struck me while I was watching Ben play basketball with the boys. If Zakkai goes on to play basketball, maybe in middle school or high school or even longer, we are watching the beginning of it right now. It's pretty cool to watch your child learn something brand new. It's a privilege to be able to be a part of another person learning how to live life and do new things almost every day. Wow.

Someday we'll be able to look back and say, "I remember when you...."

The firetruck came to Z's preschool today to talk about fire safety! When Samuel and I went in to pick him up, all the kids in the class were wearing firehats while they waited at their tables for their parents:)

Zakkai told me very seriously about "Stop, Drop and Roll" and Samuel joined in the fun. As soon as they got home, had snack and finished homework (for S), they were outside all dressed up and playing firemen. It was so cute to listen to them!

Zakkai graciously allowed Samuel to wear his fireman (and future Halloween costume) outfit, while he wore his new firehat and "stop, drop and roll" sign around his neck:) They saved many a burning building this afternoon!

And when E woke up from her nap and came to wave at them through the door, they jumped up and let her try on a firehat and called her a "Baby Fireman."

All I know is that I'm pretty safe should a fire happen round here parts! According to Zakkai, fires never happen at night and the back exit never catches on fire. We also need to wave a blanket out the window so the firefighters can see us.

All of this brought on a repeat of our 9-1-1 conversation (remember this and this?). Zakkai is armed and ready in case our arms fall off, our legs break or there is a fire.

Whew.


Update: After I posted this, I went to get Z up to go potty and, as you know, he sleeps VERY heavily and often stays asleep through the whole process. Well, this time he dribbled a basketball in his sleep all the way to the bathroom! Hilarious....

1 comment:

grandma said...

Wow he must have read my blog. He looks like a real basketball player. Practice will work. He will get better and better. Also maybe learning about fires will replace his worry over those bad tornados. Poor Z no matter how I tryed I couldn't get his mind off those storms.

Followers