Sunday, October 30, 2011

Recovering.

 I am very happy to report that it was a wonderfully, peaceful, uneventful night last night. Ben slept peacefully all night and woke up feeling SO much better and I, whose eyes were red, puffy and burning like I'd poured lemon juice in them, blissfully surrendered to dreamland at 8pm and with only 2 brief child interruptions, slept until 7:30 this morning.

Hallelujah!

B's medicine doesn't make him feel the best, a little dizzy and a little blech, but all in all, we are both so glad his horrendous pain is gone and pray the dr's will be able to give us wisdom this week.


We spent a completely quiet, boring day at home recuperating today. The boys were ecstatic when I offered to make new playdough with them after getting E down for her nap. They literally spent hours playing playdough today!

 You are never too old for playdough! (I should know:) Samuel requested orange playdough this time.
 I don't even have to ask the boys to pose or smile anymore when I whip out the camera. They just automatically put on a goofy grin and say "Cheese!" They are well-trained:)

Z requested red playdough but unfortunately, the more red food coloring I put in, the more hot pink it turned out. Oh well....he was happy!
Later this afternoon during playdough round 2, even I got in on the action, helping the boys make pigs and pretend food and all sorts of fun things.

Like I said, you're never too old for playdough! And just in case I've tempted you to try out a little playdough for your kids or even for yourself (don't worry, I won't tell!) here's the recipe. Take less than 5 minutes!

Playdough
1 cup flour
1 cup warm water
2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 cup salt
1 tsp oil
food coloring.

Preparation:
1) Add all ingredients except food coloring to a medium saucepan and stir together with a wooden spoon. Heat over medium-low heat and add food coloring to desired color. Keep stirring continuously until playdough starts to thicken and unstick from sides. Will start to form a ball (your arm will be tired by this point!)

2) As soon as playdough forms a ball (or close enough) take off heat quickly. Scrape out playdough onto a clean surface and knead until smooth. It will be hot and a little sticky at first but the more you knead it, the less sticky it will get. Knead until nice and smooth! Enjoy!

2 comments:

grandma said...

That was some experence that you and Ben had. As I told you Grandpa when he was about Bens age had simular thing happen. We had eaten out and he had fried chicken. Then the attack. Gall Blatter. Scary. He never had a another attack.

grandma said...

Oh I guess that is spelled gallbladder any way as you know my spelling is very bad. Love you.

Followers