Monday, April 2, 2012

Pictures.

I treasure pictures so much because of the instant capture of the moment, ordinary or special. 99% of the time, it's me behind the camera, which is why my children may doubt my existence during their early years when they look back someday:)

My camera card has been full, hence the many picture-less blog posts lately. But yesterday I finally got a chance to empty a mere 300 pictures off the camera (Only 600+left to go!) so I could capture my family.

Outside, sunlight, feedom. What's not to capture and love?!

Freedom and Joy.

 Casual play.

 Energy and determination.

 Discovery and bonding.


 Games and togetherness.

 Exploring and wondering.

 Kicking and learning.

 Helping, loving.

 Playing and silliness.

My family:)

And a bonus recipe for you! I tried this today and it is FABULOUS! It got lots of stars from all 5 members of our family:)

Banana Snack Cake
*    1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup flaked coconut
  •    1 cups semisweet chocolate chips

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. In a medium bowl, mix flour, oats, baking soda and salt together and set aside.               
    2.  
    3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggsone at a time, mixing well with each addition. Mix in buttermilk, bananas and vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix well. Finally, fold in the coconut and 1 cup of the chocolate chips.      
      3.     Pour batter into a 9x13 inch pan.  Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.               

    I made it as is this first time (and I will be making it again!) to see how it tasted but you could totally cut the fat with 1/2 applesauce for 1/2 the butter, etc.) We'll be having this for breakfast tomorrow as well:)

    1 comment:

    Grandma W said...

    I love the pics. Wish you were in more of them!!

    Followers