Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Cleaning!

Time for an honest confession here. My house has fallen into a terrible state of disrepair over the last few months. Terrible.  It started after I hurt my foot and got worse after my surgery when everything went chaotic! (When I say chaotic, I mean chaotic.)

Little by little I've been reaquainting myself with all the nooks and crannies of our home, trying to organize random piles of things that were stuffed into unlikely places or drawers that used to be neat but now look like a tornado blew through them. I even found a check that went missing 2 months ago!

So our house is slated for our first ever Spring Cleaning!! The idea of spring cleaning has always intrigued me but I've never actually hauled everything out and cleaned the place from top to bottom. Unless I'm moving. We just do regularly scheduled "check-ups" and maintenance:) We have a friend having a garage sale soon, who is letting us add stuff to sell so we get to purge and clean all the way around.

Today I started my cleaning binge in the kitchen. I took everything out of all of the upper cabinets, cleaned them and reorganized. It's kind of amazing when you spread all your stuff out on your counters and see how much you have collected. Random mugs from places, possibly broken ones, dishes you never use, old expired spices, etc. You may not be able to see my handy work yet but I'm pleased just the same! This process is going to take awhile and B has promised to help me this weekend because it's pretty overwhelming. Heck, we're even planning on putting the boys to work, too!

That's right, we're slave drivers. Can't start 'em too young, I say! (ask my mom. She has a picture of us doing dishes standing on chairs because we were so young!)

I'm looking forward to having a clean house again, one that's organized and easier to maintain. Maybe now I don't have to be embarrassed to have people over!

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

(I found Missy a couple of cheap sunhats recently and she refuses to wear them. The only hat that she wants to, no, insists on wearing is the one you see pictured above. She may be the only child you see on the playground this summer with a furry pink bunny hat on:)

1 comment:

grandma said...

I'm in the same problem you are my home needs help. I have just to many things. I can't seem to let go of things. I need your mom and aunt judy to come and be ruthless and I just leave. Because you know what I would say I need that. I always think I'm going to wear some of these old clothes that I havn't worn for ever.... Okay tomorrow I start cleaning out closet. If I have the energy.

Followers