Monday, April 16, 2012

Baby Shower!

We are back from our whirlwind trip, as of 11:15 last night! It was such a strange trip home. The boys fell asleep within an hour and a half of getting in the car (after dinner) and slept the entire way! I don't think that's ever happened before.

Meanwhile, their little sis? She fought sleep like a bucking bronco. Her eyes were practically rolling back in her head she was so tired but she would NOT give up. She threw her paci and elephants about 1, 674 times, which means mommy has a seriously sore arm this morning from reaching alllll the way over her carseat to fetch them. 

She finally fell asleep about 2 1/2 hours before we got home. But wait. When I say asleep, I mean her eyes were closed but she miserably cried and screamed every 30 sec-2 minutes the entire time. Two and a half hours of hearing her wail and scream while half asleep was really, really frustrating and miserable. All the poor baby wanted to do was sleep in her own bed. We got her home, rushed her up to bed and didn't hear a peep from her all night.

What was left of it anyways:)

Okay, now to the fun part! The shower went really well yesterday! B and the boys got to play at the park with his mom while E took a good nap at my aunt's house (who was hosting) so we could set up. Our theme was "April Showers Bring May Flowers!" I had a really cute sign for the front door but forgot to take pics of it. Darn.


The food table. I didn't realize til I looked at this that I forgot to take a pic after all the food was on the table~oh well! It was a mid afternoon shower so we stuck with a few sweets and munchies. There was a veggie tray, fruit kabobs, mixed nuts, pretzels and animals crackers, a white chocolate fountain, strawberry-lemon bars and a dessert in pretty cups called Chocolate Delight!

 The umbrella garland spelled out "Baby Shower." We were supposed to have a small umbrella upside down on the food table with flowers in it but the story of how the umbrella didn't make it to the shower is far to detailed and exhausting to tell.

Trust me.

 The shower main colors were sage green and pink, which will be in the baby's room! This is a dress garland I made with the colors and it spells out "Welcome Baby Krause" on it.


A few of the dresses close-up...


This was a prayer tie quilt that my very talented aunt made. As a matter of fact, my sister loved it so much that my mom is going to try to match the colors and make the rest of the baby bedding! It had pink, green and yellow in it. We each tied several of the strings while saying a silent prayer of Baby and her mommy and daddy-to-be!


Drinks were served in mason jars tied with pink and green ribbons. My mom had the great idea to spray paint the lids green and pink to match! These jars were filled with water flavored with lemon, orange and lime slices.


And these jars were filled with pink lemonade with lime slices in them! Yum!


Finally the lady of the hour arrived and we snatched her up for pictures! Here is my sis and I. Doesn't she look great?!


And the very excited Mugga:)


K was gracious enough to allow us a belly shot. Only a few more weeks!

 After munching on lots of food, we played Baby Bingo! A lot of people were leery of shower games but everyone liked this one. The pictures are really cute and they covered them with conversation hearts.


My mom calling out the cards..


Two of my cousins


And we can't forget this little Lady:) She's wearing a very pretty new dress that her Mugga made for her! She was very shy at first but then she warmed up a little and started to play and talk to a few "safe" people.

 Being silly..


The back of the dress with the tie. I just love this dress!

" I can't wait to meet my baby cousin, Auntie K! I'll show her all about how to wrap Daddy around her fingers so she can get whatever she wants!"

2 comments:

Charity said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there. :( What a special time.

grandma said...

Heidi the shower was wonderful beautful and so much fun. You girls out did your selves. This has nothing to do with the shower but I loved seeing those darling kidos and when the boys came in such a surprise for me how very little they really still are. Maybe the contrast between Colin and Logan. They are so dear but still little boys. How we miss you. We are still praying you back home or near to home. Love you so sorry I did not get to see much of you.

Followers