Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hot Days!

Today is one of our long-long-long Daddy-less days (sniff) so we try hard to stay busy. And cool!

Today the boys had a make-up soccer class since last week's was canceled due to thunderstorms. I almost think I'd rather be out in a storm than 102 degree weather! They have their last class tomorrow and it will also be a refreshing 102 degrees out.

Speaking of tomorrow.....


I know he doesn't look very excited but this kid is having a very special....BIRTHDAY!!! Yeah, he's been counting down the months, days, hours and minutes until this special day! Of course, he told me he won't "officially" be 7 until the night time. My sentiments exactly!

Ben has been teasing him, saying things like "You're not going to be 7; you're going to be 6+1. And that's what we'll say, 'He's 6+1." or "If we don't celebrate your birthday, you'll never turn 7. You'll just be 6+."

Daddy loooooovvveees to tease his boys! And the funny thing is, Samuel is SO protective of Ben and won't let me tease or tickle him! He jumps to his defense immediately.

And let me tell you, Daddy could use some good tickling. I don't think he was tortured enough as a child. But don't tell him I said that. (wink.)

Anyways, I lulled my boys off to sleep (or sleepy anyways) with stories of the day (or nights) they were born. Oh, such sweet memories!

Now I'm going to cry myself to sleep. After I finish working on birthday party stuff....:)

1 comment:

Grandma W said...

I remember seven years ago tonight. So many things about that night are forever engraved in my memory...but the one that stands out the most is when Benj dedicated S to the Lord - and the prayer he prayed. Oh that this world would have more fathers who would do that with their children. Thank you both for allowing me to share in that incredible blessing...and thank you for this precious grandson. Happy Birthday, Samuel!!

Followers