Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Birthday to yooooouuuu!

It's so fun when your kids have birthdays!! You get to relive your childhood memories all over again. Remembering the anticipation, the excitement, the wonder of that special day where you are celebrated!

I pretended (mostly) to be sad yesterday about our sweet boy turning 7 today and Samuel looked at me and said, "Mommy, I'll still be me, I'll just be bigger! I'll run faster and get taller and eat more and play angry birds and jump higher...."

Ah, words of wisdom:)


Here is our happy boy playing a little Angry Birds today. He earned some time and soaked up every minute of it! Poor kiddo woke up with a really bad tummy pain and was in tears after breakfast but thankfully a little prayer, a heated rice sock and some peppermint tea cured it!


And he was able to score some goals in the last soccer class today and play real live "Angry Birds" (as in, throwing the bird and pig back and forth at Daddy and Zakkai), and even pick out a little toy at the store! (He got a coupon in the mail for his bday and has anxiously been awaiting this day.)


I'm so proud of my big 7 year old boy. He has grown so much in the past few years, physically and emotionally. He's so active and full of energy, filled with a million (and one) questions, quick to tease and quick to hug and say "I love you."

I had trouble getting the boys to settle down tonight (more on that another time..) and Samuel asked "Am I officially 7 yet?" And when I looked at the clock, it was exactly 1 minute past the time when he joined our family all those years ago. It made me teary and I gave him a big bear hug.

The time flies by quicker and quicker. You are so quick to wish it away when you're a little kid, eager for the next best thing to come. And yet longing to slow time down when you're all grown up, looking back at all the good things in your life and wishing for more time to enjoy the present.

I love you sweet Samuel-boy. You are such a bright joy, so sweet and loving and you fill my heart with such love and joy.

Happy 7th Birthday!

2 comments:

Aunt t said...

What a happy face on that wonderful special happy 7 yr old birthday boy! His smile makes me happy. We love you,
SAMUEL!!

Charity said...

Cannot believe how big he looks. I just can't believe it has been 7 years.

Followers