Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekend Tidbits.

*Turning on our air conditioner for the first time this year. 97 degrees today!

*Eating Hobo Packets on the grill tonight. So glad our stomachs are feeling so much better today!

*Filling up 25+ water balloons for the boys and neighbor friends.....Brought back memories of water balloon fights with my cousins and grandma's neighbors:)

*Starting my sixth 400+ page book in less than a week. Guess I read a lot more when I feel cruddy!

*Taking stock of my huge "Sell" and "Donate" piles in my bedroom. Can't wait to get rid of them and have a normal bedroom again!

*Watching Eliana feel pretty silly and drink out of two cups yesterday:


*Listening to the boys yell at each other and then less than 5 minutes later, hearing them giggle and watching them hug each other.


*Watching Eliana's eyes flutter close at bedtime tonight and soaking in the peace on her face.


*Savoring the cool, fruity sherbet we had for dessert. The perfect summer treat!


*Realizing this is our very last school week! Only 3 days and 1 hr left of this school year. Imagining not packing lunches for almost 3 months... (Picnics excluded!)


*Seeing Zakkai stop and smile at me with the brightest, cutest little face today.


*Having Samuel backtrack, peek around the doorway and say, "I love you, Mommy."


*Working on my quilt again last night. Determined to finish it.....someday....


*Being able to shake 2 disabled veterans' hands in front of the store and say, "Thank you." One nodded humbly, the other looked surprised. Wish I had the courage to do it more often!

*Reading and loving the comments you leave here on my blog. It always encourages me, touches me and gives me the motivation to keep writing! Thank you.

Good night!


No comments:

Followers