Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Anniversaries and Parties

I have to hurry and write quickly before the internet goes out! We are having the 112th storm of the summer (seriously, so annoying) and the lights have already flickered and the internet is spotty. Grr.

I want to wish a very happy 59th anniversary to my favorite (and only) grandparents in the whole world!!! I love you both so much. You never fail to love your family wholeheartedly, selflessly, unconditionally. I pray this is a happy year, filled with blessings!

`````````````````````````````````
Missy and I had a party in the middle of the night last night. It was so fun! It went something like this:
E~ "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to...."

Me~ "You would cry too if it happened to youuuuuuuu..."

From about 3:40am-4:45am. Aren't you jealous that you weren't invited?!

No idea what was going on but she was hysterical after awhile and both of us took turns trying to calm her. After we finally got her quiet (er), I changed her, gave her the paci and walked out. She cried for another couple of minutes and gave up. It's always a game to guess what the reason could've been for a cranky day or sleepless night. Teeth? Sickness? New phase?

Today I am guessing teeth. She is SOOOO close to having her first tooth break through. I can see it pushing the gum and expect it to poke through at any time.

I have lots of sympathy for her since I'm teething, too:) Like mommy, like daughter!
My party animal:)
`````````````````````````
We just had some last minute guests over for dinner~our very good friends Mr J. and Ms D, whom we adore and it was such a fun night!! We had hobo packets on the grill, followed by s'mores. How much better can you get than that??


If you don't know what hobo packets are:


Hobo Packets:
Sausage (kielbasa, turkey sausage, etc), cut into slices
Corn on the cob (cut into halves or thirds)
Baby Carrots
Potatoes, cut into small chunks
Zucchini, sliced
Onion, sliced
Cabbage, sliced
Olive Oil
Seasoned salt

Preparation:
1) Add small amount of each sliced vegetable and meat to a square of foil. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Tent two sides of the foil and roll down, leaving a small space for steaming and roll up sides.

2)Cook on grill, seamed sides up so juices stay in, for 35-45 min, until veggies are tender. Be careful unrolling foil, as the steam is hot. (obviously) Enjoy!! So yummy and healthy for a good summer meal.

I also make these in the winter sometimes and cook in the oven on 400 for 45 minutes.

Oh and p.s. Gma, the big block in the last picture is a big square of stones that is on the ends of our building. Just decorative, I guess:)

3 comments:

Aunt t said...

cute picture, they are so special to me too!

grandma said...

Thank you Heidi and Terri I think thats a cute picture too. We look happy don't we. Can not believe we have been married 59 years and went together 6 years before that. We have sure been together a long time. It's been a interesting happy life. We so blessed to have such a blessed family

aunt t said...

E looks beautiful in blue!

Followers