Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Little Updates.

Good Evening!. I just got back from Zumba, which I did very carefully. It was hard to go from a great exercise routine (for a whole 3 weeks:) to absolutely nothing after my foot injury. I tried my first Zumba, with my foot wrapped, in C-bus with my mom.

What fun! We've been wanting to do Zumba together because we get each other giggling like school girls over our lack of coordination and hip movement. Her class had a totally different feel than mine and half her class wears these really fun jingly belts!

Must be a Plain City thing:) Either way, it's cool and I wish my class did it!

So I decided to try mine out tonight and I must say I'm feeling pretty discouraged about how my foot is healing. It looks like I do have some tendon damage and I have to go get it checked out a.s.a.p. and hope they can fix it. It would be nice to jump again and run (not that I run often~ha!) and do twisty Zumba-ish things again and be pain-free. Plus it would be nice not to have a "dead" toe.

Yeah. Moving on!

As I mentioned yesterday, Zakkai is Star of the Week! Each kid in his class gets a turn and he has been waiting anxiously for his. When it is their turn they get to make a poster with pictures about things they love, they get a show and tell day (today!), they get to be the teacher's special helper another day and the last day they get to bring in their favorite book to share.

Zakkai was so excited to carry in his poster yesterday which he helped decorate and today he brought in a new Christmas toy, a transformer that lights up and makes noises. He felt like big stuff today:)

Samuel doesn't know yet that his Daddy will be his class's Mystery Reader this week! I can just imagine how his face is going to light up in surprise when Ben walks in on Friday morning to read to the class. Wonder what books he will choose?

Eliana has been a goofball this week. One of her newest favorite activities is to pull all the pillows off the couch and roll around on them while shrieking with glee. She does contorts her body in funny ways and looks to see if we're watching, which of course we are!

She also threw her first roll-on-the-floor tantrum this weekend. Awesome. I have no idea why she was even crying but then she laid down on the ground, very carefully mind you, and rolled her body around and checked to make sure I knew how upset she was. I'm sure the effect she was going for wasn't to make me laugh:)

And to close, just wanted to say thank you for all the comments lately! It really makes my day to hear from you. So keep 'em coming, y'all!

And don't ask why I just said "Y'all." It just felt right:)

1 comment:

Grandma W said...

I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see BOTH B and S's faces when B walks into the classroom. That is so very cool. I am praying for your health... Z and his "star of the week"...how cute. Again, I wish I could hear what he shares in his class.

Followers