Tuesday, July 12, 2011

These Boots Were Made For Walkin'

And that's just what they'll do
These Boots were made for walkin'
And they'll walk all over you.

Meet my other birthday present.

Am I crazy or what??? One of Z's preschool buddy's family owns a western wear store (largest in the midwest) that apparently has serviced even famous people (unlike myself) and I had this conversation several months ago with the mother about boots. Apparently they are awesome and you'll fall in love with them and not want to wear anything else.

Shoe-wise that is....

So I pooled together a giftcard and some bday money and splurged on myself and am the proud new owner of cowboy boots.

Awesome!
`````````````````````````````````

Oh, and kitty has a new name. Yesterday it was Monty til I got to the end of the day and didn't like it anymore. Then it almost became Lionel this morning until I didn't like that anymore either.

I also tossed around Hamlet and Lancelot, Pippen and Rascal (because he is one!), Darcy and Samwise Gamgee....some seriously and others not so seriously. But then I got to thinking that it would be fun to pick a name from a favorite book or movie....

And as I was researching online for ideas, one of my favorite movies popped into my head: The Sound of Music. And I thought to myself, "Self, why don't you think through the names of the characters from that movie and see if you can find a winner!"

Not Liesle.

Not Gretle.

Not Maria or Kurt or Brigitta or Captain Von Trapp (although that is kind of cute..)

How about....
Friedrich.

That's right. My cat's name if Friedrich (Free-drick) and I'm proud of it!

And of my cowboy boots, too:)

3 comments:

Grandma W said...

I like the name and I like the boots. I am glad you splurged on something for yourself.

aunt t said...

Now, your are ready to be in Texas, you just need a peasant skirt and a cowboy hat.HaHa
Who gave the kitten?

grandma said...

Grandpa thought of a name for kitty "Simon Peter" the old nature and the new but we think your name is cute too. Your boots are so cute.

Followers