Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A little Wisdom

Well, I survived today! I get so nervous before I go to dr's appointments. I don't know what in the world I expect....probably that they'll tell me I'm dying of a rare disease they've never heard of...but it usually turns out fine;) I may or may not suffer from slight hypochondriacism.

May or may not, I said.

Anyhoo, I do have to have my wisdom teeth removed. Or two of them to be specific. I only have three and the only bottom one is completely sideways and will never come in but apparently I am too old to have it removed.

I told you I was old!!!

You have more chances of complications if you are 30 and up like nerve damage to your chin and mouth. Fun stuff like that. So, the dentist said we will leave that one alone unless absolutely necessary and remove the top two that are partially through. The one that is causing me to feel like I got punched in the jaw is growing into my cheek muscles/jaw bone and causing an ulcer...hence the discomfort! I have an antibiotic and special rinse to use til surgery.

Now we try to figure out how to make this work...

The night ended well though. The whole family went to Samuel's t-ball game tonight! He was SO excited for the game (a complete turn around from last week) and proud to have us with him. He started out a little slow and hung back but then he warmed up and it was so cute to see how seriously he takes it!

He hit the ball the first time every time (they've been doing it with a T but will try coach's pitch next week) and caught some grounders (look at me with all my baseball lingo!!) and threw them really well!

He really has a good arm and has improved so much in the past few weeks! I got some really cute pictures that I'll share tomorrow.

While he was playing and Ben was helping to coach, Zakkai, Eliana and I sat in the grass and watched. Actually I did most of the watching. Zakkai was trying to alternately pick-up and squish ants and Eliana was trying to eat grass:)

We celebrated with some McD's ice cream cones afterwards! I'm pretty sure that's the only reason Zakkai came along.....

I ended the night with a workout at the Y! I really have to push myself to go because I.do.not.like.to.exercise.

But I always feel soooo much better after I do:) This is really my first time going into an actual gym with real machines and real people instead of hiding away with my dvd's at home. I like hiding. It's much less scary!

And now I leave you with an adorable glimpse into the world of Zakkai. Enjoy this little clip of him playing his guitar and singing a song. He was downstairs by himself and when I heard him singing, I snuck downstairs to capture him on video:)

So cute!!



2 comments:

Emily S. said...

So sorry you have to lose your wisdom teeth and become a dummy like the rest of us. :) You have survived giving birth to 3 kids; you can definitely survive this surgery!!

Charity said...

I think you have the making of a musician! So, so cute!

Don't even worry about the wisdom teeth surgery. Ben should be the one that it worried because he'll have to be Mommy and Daddy for a day or 2. You probably will just sleep the whole first day after the surgery and then be on the mend the next day. I think that other dental surgery you had was a lot worse. I hope the details of paying for the whole ordeal get all worked out. I'll be praying.

Followers