Thursday, July 7, 2011

Busy Days!

Wow, it's been a busy week! I am definitely pooping out and feeling the effects of constant lack of sleep and busyness. I will need a vacation from a vacation! (not that this is reallly a vacation...)

We had a fun birthday for Samuel including peach pancakes, a couple of presents (one being a razor scooter!), outside playtime and a fun time at the park with Gma (with lots of watermelon!) which sadly ended in a nasty scraped up elbow for the birthday boy:( He claimed he wouldn't be able to smile the rest of the night but quickly recovered with an ice cream cake and a cousin sleepover!

It was a wild night/morning here with 4 boys ages 7,6,5, and 4! The boys helped Papa put in some fence posts for the new fence they are building, gobbled up ice cream cake, watch a little bit of a movie and then we herded them all upstairs for bed. They had a nice round of made-up bedtime stories, including many trips to the hospital and lots of shots for the poor main character, and then they laid down~ Z in his mattress bed on the floor, Jackson on his quilt floor bed and S and Dylan sharing the bed.

J was asleep in 2.4 seconds but it took my boys and D a bit longer to settle down:) I remember sleepovers with my cousins and how fun it was!! I peeked on the boys awhile later before I went to bed and found S and D in a tangle of arms and legs, J covered from head to toe under a quilt and Zakkai out cold on top of his covers. It was a sight to behold!

The little stinkers were up by 6am today and I had to pry one eye open and stumble down the hall 4 times to ask them to be quiet before banishing them downstairs for a cartoon in hopes that I could get a little more shut-eye before the baby woke up.

I climbed back in bed, settled under the covers and just as I was drifting back to sleep...the baby woke up:) So much for sleep!

Today we found an injured stray dog on the porch that led to an exciting visit from the Dog Warden and had friends over to visit. The front yard looked a little wild with toys strewn all over, 2 dogs and 6 children ages ranging from 2-7 pursuing all different activities. It was a little overwhelming!

Throw in a visit to an old friend this afternoon and a trip to the store to get ready for S's party tomorrow and I'm wiped out!

Off to enjoy my last hours of 29...

No comments:

Followers