Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Birthday...to Me.

Well, I did it. I turned the big 3-0, despite all my kicking and screaming and carrying ons. I guess it was bound to happen and I mine as well accept it and usher it in with a little grace and dignity!

I'll work on that;)

Thanks to the insistence of my loving husband, family and my sweet MIL (mother-in-love), I was celebrated in a loving fashion today. First we had Samuel's birthday party which took up so much time preparing for that even I practically forgot it was my birthday!

I woke up at 5:45am to lightening and thunder....generally not a good sign for an outdoor picnic party! But we forged on with preparations and everything went to smoothly. We got blessed with sunshine and loving family and friends who came to celebrate! We had the party at a park under a shelter next to a nice playground. There were bubbles, a ball, a jump rope and a kite for the kids, although Ben probably enjoyed the kite as much as they did! We had sandwiches, fruits and veggies, chips, lemonade, water and cupcakes to fill our bellies and Samuel received very nice gifts! His very big surprise was a brand-new bright red bicycle!

We made him close his eyes as Ben wheeled it up and the other kids got excited:) Samuel's face lit up and his mouth dropped open when he saw it shining in all it's glory. He also refused to ride it in front of everyone because he was feeling a bit shy:) Can't wait to post pics of him on it!

Then after a short respite this afternoon, my parents, Ben's mom, my grandparents and one of my sisters and her fam came with us to have dinner and ice cream at a childhood favorite of mine: Friendly's!! It was everything I remembered it to be:)

It was really special to be with people I love, despite the many "old person" jokes that I endured. Apparently I'm practically deaf, blind, on the verge of Alzheimers and much more.

See why I didn't want to turn 30? I just knew it would all go downhill!!

But really, it was a really special day and I'm so thankful that I am loved. Despite my tantrums:)

2 comments:

Charity said...

Awww, Friendly's. Did you get the clown sundae? The one with the cone and eyes? :)

grandma said...

Ah...Charity is so funny. But she is so right (memories] Only I think it was more like a hugh sundae but of course you turned the big 30 and really needed to celebrate. You know Heidi 30 was one of my worst Birthdays. Dreaded it but it turned out to be fun. It;s something about leaving the 20's.

Followers