Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Heart Break.

I am heartbroken tonight. It's been a pretty crappy day around here, unfortunately. First of all, Zakkai, who was better yesterday, is back to being sick today. He laid around most of the day and the other times was just crying and crying, saying his tummy hurts:( He didn't eat all day and tonight his fever came back in full force. He fell asleep curled up in a ball on the couch around 6pm. Poor little guy!

And then the t-ball coach didn't call us with the information for Samuel's very first t-ball game tonight and we missed it! Ben was a bit upset, considering it's only an 8 week program and he's really enjoyed doing this with Samuel.

But the saddest part of all, the thing that has me in tears over here tonight is that our landlords said we can't keep Friedrich. We thought there would just be a pet deposit, as there has been in every single other place we've lived but they won't let anyone have any animals. It was our fault for assuming and not double-checking, something we are kicking ourselves for.

I was embarrassed to break down in tears in front of her but I couldn't help it. I fell in love with this little guy the minute I saw his little striped face. He is one of the best cats I've ever had! He loves to play, of course, but also loves to cuddle and sleep next to us for naps. He meows for me and will settle down on the bed as soon as I come. He lets you stroke him as long as you want and even rolls over and lets you pet his belly.

He is doing a great job being around all 3 kiddos. He was really nervous the first couple of days but his spunky spirit is coming out in full force. He loves to play with anything or nothing and Samuel has really enjoyed spending a lot of time playing with him the past couple of days.

I am so so very sad and praying that we can find the right home for him. I am praying that maybe someone in my family will take him so we can still see him or even take him back once Ben's gets his job.

So there you have it. A sad, sad day in the Thomas household. I'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers tonight....

3 comments:

Grandma W said...

I am so sorry. I hope this all works out so you can have him with you later. I would consider taking him - but with two dogs (old ones at that), probably won't work out very well. What a sad thing...

grandma said...

oh Heidi I feel so bad. I also can not keep him our Gracie is so spoiled she and us can not share our home with any other pet. darn I still want a little maltese but we don't think our kitty would like that. What did the land lord say when you cried.

mommyoflove3 said...

she felt bad, Gma, but there's nothing she can do. She said no to lots of other people so she can't say yes to me:(

Followers