Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Party Pics

 Boy, today has felt like a LONG day! I don't know what it is but I'm ready to crawl into bed like my 3 little munchkins:)

The past two days our landlords have been using our apartment to "show" to prospective tenants as the apartment for rent is inhabited by 4 men in their 20s and 30s....need I say more? We've had 5-6 couples/families walk through. The nice part about it is a)our place is clean! and b) our landlords paid us a little money for being willing to help them!

Part of the reason that I think today was so long is I've been having terrible wisdom tooth pain. I know, I know, I still have my wisdom teeth~all 3 of them! Two are partially erupted and have caused little discomfort......until the past 3 days. Now the right side of my jaw, neck and throat are swollen and I can barely open my mouth to chew. I have been terrified of having any surgery period but especially wisdom tooth extraction and now it looks like I'll probably have to do it.

How, I have no idea....Don't have the money or the time to do it but I can't have a bum mouth! I'd just have to start drinking milkshakes all the time. Which wouldn't be too bad all things considered.....well, except for the terrible pain!! I have a consultation with an oral surgeon tomorrow afternoon which I am equally dreading and anticipating. Wish me luck.....
``````````````````````````
Since Samuel looked forward to his birthday for so many weeks, it seems fitting that I'm still posting pics weeks later, right? Promise, the never-ending birthday will end! But for now, here's pics of his fun party we had. He flipped a million times through a cupcake book that I have and finally settled on "Ants on a Picnic" cupcakes which feuled my "Picnic Party" theme:)
I thought they turned out pretty cute!

 An "S" for Samuel:)
 The picnic party food~sandwiches, fresh fruit and veggies, lemonade and bottled water, chips, cookies and cupcakes!
 My Grandpa greeting a friend;)
 A centerpiece:)
 The "Centerpiece" being happily oogled over by her Grandma and Grandma-Great!
 Even Winston got to come to the party!
 E and her Aunt C.
 Some of the party kids (and Mugga) enjoying lunch!
The anxiously awaited cake lighting moment..
 I'm pretty sure he enjoyed the cupcake:)
 My little man growing up so fast!
 My friend Sarah and I
 I got to steal a moment with the very tired Little Missy
 Who is always fascinated with jewelry:)
 Samuel's face when he got surprised with his new bike!
He got too nervous to ride it in front of everyone but he's a pro now! He wants to ride day and night! We also had bubbles and sidewalk chalk for the kids, a jumprope, and even a kite which quickly captured the attention of Ben and all the kids:)

It was a really great party and thanks to the help of Ben and my mom, I didn't even get stressed out!

Well, mostly....

2 comments:

Charity said...

those cupcakes were so cute! You amaze me!!

grandma said...

heidi we are praying for you and your wisdom tooth. We sure did have a great time on S Birthday Party. The pictures are great. Can hardly wait to have Grpa try the apple pancakes. Sounds so good.

Followers