Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hot

Oh my goodness, it was HOT HOT HOT today! Well...yesterday, too....and the day before that...and the day before that....


The boys (and I) are starting to go stir crazy because it's too darn hot to go out an enjoy the outdoors. As a matter of fact, it's making me have flashbacks to winter: bad weather = stuck inside= stir crazy!


Early this morning, since Ben took the van for his long day at work, the kiddos and I got ready and walked downtown to the local farmer's market. I had wishful hopes that maybe the heat wouldn't be too bad if we left early enough....

Like I said, wishful thinking! By the time we made it to the bank to get a little cash for our goodies, it was almost 8:30am and we were all sweating! As we entered through the bank doors into the frigid air, there was a collective "Ahhhhh..." from the boys and I:)

We really enjoyed getting fresh fruits and veggies like corn, green beans, cherries, blueberries, peaches and zucchini. And then we splurged on some fresh squeezed lemonade! The boys about wet their pants they were so excited for the lemonade:)

Then we made the long journey home, stopping to rest in the shade occasionally and of course, run through a few sprinklers;)

This afternoon wasn't quiet as smooth as the morning. I texted a good friend of mine, who always comes up with ingenius ideas for me, when I thought I was going to lose it! Let's see....I had a hysterical baby who woke up waaaayyy too early from nap and couldn't settle back down and 2 cooped up boys going nuts in the basement, breaking things and screaming (happily....most of the time).

She suggested putting out bowls or buckets of water and paint brushes outside and letting them paint the sliding door. They had previously balked at any and all attempts to get them to spend even 5 minutes outside but as soon as I filled a bucket up...they started having a blast!

They spent a good 45 minutes outside squirting the doors, "painting" the doors and then running around squirting each other:) Oh and meanwhile, I went up to get Little Missy, only to be blasted with the smell of poo when I opened her door.

She grinned up at me happily as I stared in horror at her diaper that was hanging halfway off her body and the poop that was smeared allll over her bed.

Lesson learned: Never leave E in just a diaper.

However, after all was said and done, the day ended well with a yummy dinner and 3 clean and happy children:)
``````````````````````````````
Pics from the 4th...

 Daddy and L'il Miss Liberty:)


Gpa telling stories and the manly men manning the grills:)

 And this was the day Samuel learned how to ride a two-wheeler!!
 A little angel food cake with berries to celebrate:)
 E getting some aunt-love! My two aunts are always fighting over the babies in the family!
 No family celebration is complete without a good game of cornhole!
And...some more aunt-love! It was a great day!

~Staying cool inside:)

No comments:

Followers