I have been thinking more about what I wrote yesterday. About dreams. Feeling uncertain about what I shared and yet, compelled to share my heart. Because I know I'm not the only one who is going or has gone through a time like this. I think it is so important in the times where you feel a little lost or you are in an "in between/waiting" period, as we are, to look for all of the blessings around you, big and small.
It's so easy to get caught up in your own desires and wants and hopes and feel disappointed that something in your life doesn't look like Joe's life or Sally's life or the Jones'. And instead of focusing on the beautiful little assurances of God's love that are right in front of you, you focus on the "why's" and the "why me's" or "why not's."
There is a quote I heard this year that I just loved right away. "Bloom where you are planted." A friend of mine painted it on a flower pot and gave it to me with a beautiful flower planted inside recently. Bloom where you are planted; where God has you, even if it's not where you think you should be or not where you want to be. That's what I want to do. I want to bloom and look for all that He has for me right here, right now.
Maybe then, I will gain a heavenly perspective and store my treasures there, instead of here on earth. And maybe the waiting time won't seem so long!
"Thing about things that are lovely, things that are true, things that are pure..." There is so much to be thankful for!
1. We had food on our table today. Don't worry about the future!
2. Our children are healthy, strong and growing.
3. We made it to a point in our life we weren't sure we'd ever see! Several students in Ben's program never made it through, or didn't make it through with marriages in tact. God protected us and made us stronger than ever!
4. We have a roof over our head.
5. We are getting to know people in our church and neighbors living around us. Forming relationships and breaking out of the isolation that held us captive for so long.
6. So thankful some family is coming to celebrate with us in 1 month!!
7. But most of all, so very thankful that we (B and I) both are trusting in the Lord together, hoping, waiting (not always patiently!!) and so thankful for today.