Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Last Full Day!

 Every Wednesday this entire year (sick days, not withstanding) I have been super busy. As in, zero time downtime period. Between MOPS or bible study (opposite weeks) in the mornings and volunteering at Z's school in the afternoons plus early release day, it's been crazy!

Until today. Last week, I did my last day of volunteering in the library and the teacher was so sweet and surprised me with a gift card for a foot massage! This week? E and I did absolutely nothing, except Skype with my sis and niece.

I felt really lazy. I was lazy. And only slightly ashamed:) I figured I maybe possibly could okay one completely lazy day before school gets out and I'm back to full-time duties, right?


This was Eliana's look for the morning. She loves to dress herself, sometimes multiple times a day! She was really into wearing the boys' things today like this ensemble and their baseball hats, too. (which she tried to claim as "hers" when they got home. Yeah, that flew with them!


Last full day of Kindergarten! Zakkai got an award for being a good role model this year! Isn't he getting so big?? I will have to do some Zakkai journal quoting here soon. He brought home some good ones today:)


Last full day of second grade! He is planning on referring to himself as a third grader as of 9:20 tomorrow morning when school gets out. Ah! Not ready for that. I will continue to think of him as a second grader until the day before school starts. What a handsome kid! His book bag weighed about 15 pounds this afternoon, filled with leftover school supplies. No one has been allowed to peek inside it yet...


Missy Moo wanted to jump in on the picture taking with Baby Anna! I caught her in mid-giggle:) Such a happy girl!


A couple weeks ago, Zakkai and a neighbor friend decided it would be a great idea to decorate the front of the house with chalk. And so, today was installment #2 of "clean off the bricks!" Punishment fits the crime, I would say! He won't be coloring on bricks anytime soon, I guarantee!!

Ben started his part-time job yesterday so the kiddos haven't seen him in 2 days! The week was off because of Memorial day so he had to work two 11-12 hour days in a row but normally, hopefully, he won't be working two in a row because no one gets to see him! He leaves by 6:30 and doesn't get home til after 8:30pm.

Eliana hasn't seen him since Monday and cried a lot for him yesterday. "I want to see my dada!!" Very sad:( We are very thankful for this work though and are praying for something else to come our way.

There was a terrible thunderstorm last night and Ben had to run through it from the train station home last night. He was absolutely dripping wet. His clothes still haven't fully dried yet! The lightening and thunder scared Eliana and she kept crying for me and saying, "Mama, the lightening is in my woom! (room)" She talked about it a lot today and was very thankful that it was all gone!

And we had to clean up yet more water in the basement. Thankfully, not completely filled like the craziness last month but the usual water seepage that comes after a heavy rain. It is pretty annoying! A few days ago, someone left on the outside water spigot that is just outside our home, overnight and we woke up to half the basement covered in water. Ugh! So this is twice in 5 days that I've had to dirty several towels and sop up nasty brown dirt water.

I'm beginning to think I'd like to have a house without a basement someday! Actually, I think I'd just be happy to have a home of my own, basement or no basement. Maybe someday.

Zakkai might have something fun to show you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Followers