Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Great Outdoors

 It was such a beautiful day yesterday! Ben had to return some books back in our old stomping grounds so we decided to make it a family affair and have a little fun! We packed up our leftover homemade pizza from Friday night, made a stop at the local produce store that we miss SO much and headed down to the Point by Lake Michigan.


The boys brought their scooters and soccer ball and Ben had fun kicking it around with them. Mostly Samuel because Zakkai was more interested in eating fruit!!


Z is my little beggar:) Which mostly drives me crazy!


Beautiful blue sky!


Eliana went back and forth between making little kicks, offering Samuel his water and checking out the produce in the bag:)


Here is Z crawling to me with a terribly injured leg. Not. Oh, the drama these boys can cook up!



Ben loves to torture the boys so he snatched up Samuel and told him he was going to throw him in the lake and Zakkai ran after him. Of course, Samuel didn't get thrown in but thoroughly enjoyed screaming and laughing about it!


Eliana only needed a wipe to keep her occupied. She wanted to change Baby Anna's diaper but since Baby was in the car, she settled for wiping down the boys' scooters:)


After horsing around for awhile, we went to go sit on the rocks and look at the skyline and the water!


It is a cool city!


My favorite people in the whole world!!



Then we spotted a tiny beach down at the bottom of the rock steps and we all climbed down to have a little fun.


The boys' shoes and sock quickly came off!


And of course, Missy needed hers off, too! She just walked around, sprinkling sand everywhere and inspecting the boys' sandcastles.


They got busy right away trying to build and trying to keep the water from washing their creations away!


And we sat, soaked in the sun and found pure pleasure in watching our brood:)


Such a sweet girl!


We kept remembering how small the boys were when we used to live down here and spent lots of time taking walks to the Point and having picnics. They were good times!


The rock steps where people love to come sit, eat, talk and look.



My little darlings that drive me crazy and fill me with joy all at the same time!


It was such a great day!

4 comments:

Emily and Frank said...

Aw, The Point! I miss that spot!!

mommyoflove3 said...

I know! I was thinking about when our house group had the picnic there. Good times:)

Aunt t said...

How long is your hair Heidi? It looks like it has grown long since August when I last saw you!

mommyoflove3 said...

too long, Aunt Terri! I got 3 inches chopped off in January but it's still several inches below my shoulders. I'm due for a haircut...:)

Followers