Monday, April 15, 2013

In the Face...

I wasn't quite sure what to write about tonight but on my way upstairs, the news came on. If you know me, you may know that I do not watch the news. I haven't watched it for about 6 years now since I linked it to a general feeling of hopelessness and depression I would feel in the after hours of watching the morning news.
 
But tonight I was sucked in by the tragedy of Boston. It was only months ago that I was completely heartbroken, along with everyone else in our country, over the Connecticut school shootings and the unbearable murders of those small children. And here we are again, wading through another senseless tragedy.
 
It is so hard to know what to say and feel in times like these. To be angry at such evil? And it is evil. To be heartbroken over the loss of innocent people, including a little boy only mere months older than my Samuel? To want justice? To be afraid?
 
I only know that through the myriad of emotions that I and everyone else will feel, that there is not much else we can do but pray. Pray to a God who is equally as heartbroken over the choice of evil today that shattered lives. A God filled with compassion for those who are suffering. A God who offers steady, unchanging hope in an uncertain, crumbling world. A God who calls us to step away from the failing morals and principles of this country and to walk with Him, no matter what.
 
I know I am not alone in praying tonight for comfort for those who are hurting and for justice.
 


No comments:

Followers