Thursday, March 22, 2012

Grueling Grace.

I can't believe I'm even alive enough to blog tonight. It was such a grueling day. I think it all started to go downhill when I developed a cold in the space of 5 minutes this afternoon. Then Ben was supposed to get home around 430-5pm. When the phone rang at 5:05 and it was him, I knew it couldn't be good news. He took the wrong train for the first time ever and had to turn around and didn't get home until 6:15!!

I had 2 boys in time-outs for screaming at each other over privacy and coloring and something very dramatic. I had a little girl hanging on my leg (the bad one:) crying for dinner and I was trying desperately to throw something together for them to eat now that my "Help" wasn't going to be there in time.

There was a lot of Grace today, that's all I can say.

When I dropped Zakkai off today, for the first time in 6 weeks, I got a cheer from several of the parents. Sweet and embarassing! And when I went to pick him up, a very sweet mom ran up to my car and told me not to get out, that she would run in and get Z for me. I almost kissed her feet! Not really but you get the idea;)

And then when we went to pick up S from school, it starting pouring (one of those quick heavy rains) literally less than a minute from school. I knew there was no way on earth I could park a distance away, carry E and use one crutch with no umbrella in pouring rain. Right. So I prayed.

There was a spot open in front of the school (there is a spot for parents to pick-up/drop-off quickly) and I parked and sent Zakkai running up to get Samuel, with instructions not to stop or talk to anybody!! And 2 minutes later, the boys came running through the rain, holding hands:)

And the rain stopped just as we arrived back home. I'll take those small (but large) blessings!!


Zakkai on his new scooter! He's into these really cheesy grins for pictures now, kind of like he's half scared, half constipated. Seriously, you should see this one his school sent home of  him today!

 Still can't believe how big he is getting! He's already talking about his preschool graduation coming up and what songs they are singing:) I told him we'll be there or be square!

 I break up fights between these 2 all morning long. It's really fun. Eliana screams at Zakkai because she wants to do EVERYTHING he is doing. Zakkai gets too rough with her when he tries to make her leave or hides his toy.  Never thought I'd be playing referee with a 1 year old and 5 year old!

Biscuit thought it was pretty fun when I turned the stool over and climbed inside immediately. Z and I decided it was baby jail:)

I have some funny/cute stories to share of the boys soon!

1 comment:

aunt t said...

Glad You came through ok and found Him listening to you instantly.
Did you make the sundress for Eliana? It is so cute on her.

Followers