Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chicken Breath.

 Well, as you may be able to tell, I was hard at work on ye ole blog today! You may notice the brand-new header up at the top. I admit, I'm pretty proud of myself for doing that! That wasn't easy for a non-computer savvy person.

Also, at the top, over to the left hand side, you will notice 3 pages you can click on: "Home" "Projects" and "Recipes." I am still working on these and will be adding more but I am pleased with what's done so far! You can now click on Recipes and all the recipes I have shared are alphabetized for you! Just click on one (if you want:) and it will take you to the page where I posted it. Easy!

Hey, this makes me feel like I can do a little something with my life at the moment, however unimportant:)

Here are a few pics from yesterday's lovely afternoon!

Missy sitting in the Big Bird chair (that used to be her daddy's!) She thought she was big stuff:)


 But sitting still is not in the make-up of toddlers, so she had to do a lot of climbing, too. See that happy face?!

 And then she had a little exercise and took Dani for a walk! Too fast for a pic!

 She takes constant supervision; she kept right on going into the parking lot until the Daddy-Boss stepped in and saved her life. Several times!

 Look at that joy!! She loved every second of being outside like a big girl. Last summer, she just sat in her walker and watched her brothers or yelled at them through the screen door and here she is, finally joining them. Bliss!

 Oh look, I captured another one! I have to be sneaky with this one.

 But then he turned around, propped up his foot and said, "It's okay. You can take a picture, Mommy." He has been an ANGEL this week!

 Love this guy! He's a regular Mr Mom these days and doing a great job! Today he made pumpkin bread and roasted a chicken in the oven. Wow! I just may never walk again....(wink, wink!)

Samuel and I have been working hard on homework together this week. He likes to come be close to me and seems to need a little extra TLC as he's adjusting back to crazy family life again. It's been a hard few weeks on everyone!

So there you have it in a nutshell. I need to think up some more projects to stay busy!

Here's a good recipe to leave you with that we tried for the first time last night. Very good and received 2 thumbs up from everyone!

Honey Garlic Chicken in the Crockpot!

1 1/2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thigh or breasts (we used breasts)
3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 cup reduced-sod soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey

Preparation:
1) Put chicken in crockpot (we have 6 qt). Place other ingredients in a small bowl and combine. Pour evenly over the top of the chicken.

2) Cook 3-4 hours on High or 5 hours on Low (if using a 4 qt~ 3-4 on High and 6 on Low). Enjoy!

*Just watch your crockpot time to make sure you don't dry out chicken.
*It was so good and we ate it with roasted veggies~yum!

OH and funny story~ Ben was telling me he was going to make me eat tons of chicken and I said, from my perch on the couch, "I don't want to eat a whole chicken breast!"

Samuel burst out laughing and Zakkai said, "What?!" Samuel said, "Mommy said she's not going to eat the Chicken Breath!"

Zakkai said, "Not uh! She said the Chicken Press!" Which then led to a mini argument over whether I was going to eat the Chicken Breath or Chicken Press:)

I finally interjected after I stopped laughing and told them it was the chicken breast! Too funny!

No comments:

Followers