Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Crazy Eyes!


Today the Hubster and I took our two littlest chicks and headed off for our very own eye appointments. Don't we lead an exciting life?!

I probably should be embarrassed to admit that we were excited about going but....I'm not:) I haven't been in 2 1/2 years and have shamelessly stretched my 1 year contact supply that long:) Oops. My poor hubby hasn't been to the eye Dr in FIVE years! He can barely see a thing and that's not usually good when you're reading small text. In different languages.

His eyes have worsened quite a bit and now we are trying to figure out where to get glasses. The problem is that he was hoping to keep his frames but just get new lenses and in order to do that he would have to either send his glasses away for 8 days or pay over double the price to get them done in an hour. Hopefully we'll figure out what to do!

We both got our eyes dilated and have been commiserating over our newfound blindness since:) So weird to not be able to see anything close to you (hello, future far-sightedness!) and to be blinded by the sunlight.

We looked sort of like this.....but not as cute:)



 We also got some super cool paper sunglasses to wear around. We rock.

This kiddo has been having a bit of a rough time lately. We think he is processing through the effects of the family upheavel since last month. It always takes him awhile to work through things and it always catches me by surprise when we start seeing signs of it after the fact!

Last night he had a spring concert for school and his class got to sing. We didn't realize this until yesterday afternoon. Of course. I had already picked up the boys from school yesterday for the first time since my surgery and had been practicing taking some steps in the morning so I was completely shot by the late afternoon. With everything in me I wanted to go hear him sing but I just couldn't.

He was crushed and cried and cried and refused to go. I felt like my heart was breaking, knowing I was letting him down. Again. I finally convinced him to go and sing and be brave for me.

Please say a prayer for him as we work through things. He is showing a lot of signs of anxiety and we want to help him through this and help him know that he is safe and loved.


We can't get over how long Missy's hair is getting! It is starting to get wavy, especially when it's humid or warm outside. It's so fun to put it up, especially since her brief bow-ripping-out phase seems to be over. For now:) It's just fun because we've never had a baby with this long of hair. We always cut the boys, once they started to get mullet-ish. Now we don't have to!!

Off to rest my crazy eyes!

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Hi Heidi, I'm still reading your blog, but I'm still very very bad at commenting. I'm so sorry to hear about all the nasty foot business. I will pray for rapid healing. My sewing interests were rekindled this winter and I had some frustrating moments with a scissor and almost ordered a rotary cutter, but now I might just stick w/ the scissors!
I just wanted to mention that Eric and I got glasses online last summer and it went surprisingly well and was SUPER cheap. Eric was even able to try some on at a store and track down the same frames on an unrelated website. His glasses (frames and lenses) were $50. I got two pairs for $25. Granted, I cheapies and I don't actually wear mine, but it's neat to not be fuzzy once in a while. I think the website we used was called Zenni, and Eric ordered from another as well that I don't remember now... but I could ask if you like. His are very nice.
Anyways, I hope you get some good rest tonight. I love reading about your family!
-Lizzy

Grandma W said...

Another idea on the glasses...Benj can get a pair of really cheap glasses at Wal-Mart/Target/drugstore ($10 - 15) and use those for the eight day period. He would have to know the strength he would need - something like 1.5, 2.0 or 2.25 depending on the strength of his prescription. I have a pair like that , that I actually use as a second pair or reading glasses. Just an idea. Praying for you and your healing foot. Love you all.

mommyoflove3 said...

Lizzy, I am so glad you are still reading! I check your blog to see how you guys are doing:) Hope you're enjoying being a mama of 2!

Don't be scared of a rotary cutter....just don't use it on the table like I did. Always cut on the floor on a mat, then you can't drop it;)

Thank you both for the glasses suggestions! Both very helpful

Followers