Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Birthday

5 things I love about my newly-minted 5 year old!

Dear Sweet Boy,

I love so many things about you that I can't even name them all! But here are 5 special things about you.

I love your laugh. Especially when it's free and uninhibited. It never fails to bring joy to my heart to hear you giggle. I hope you always find things to laugh about!




I love the way you look straight into my eyes when you are telling me something important. You get so close I can memorize the bright sky blue of your eyes and watch the expressiveness on your face. There is nothing but the pure innocence of a child in your gaze.


I love your zest for life. When I think of you, I think of bright colors, happy (loud) noise, energy and passion. God created you full to the brim of passionate life and I can't wait to see how He uses you!

I love your mechanical side. Sometimes you just might drive us crazy with your obsession for batteries, lights and buttons but I love watching your little brain puzzle and think as you intently try to figure out how things work.

I love your sweetness. You never fail to care when I am sad and are quick to offer a hug or just reach over and pat or rub my arm for no reason at all but just to show me you love me. You are affectionate, tender-hearted and wonderful.

I don't know how you changed from my little dark-haired baby boy into my tall, maturing 5 year old so quickly. You were my buddy-baby for such a long, long time that it's hard for me to let that image go.

I always tell you, even though you'll grow bigger and taller than me and become a man someday, you'll always be my baby.

I love you with all of my heart, precious son of mine.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Followers