Sunday, August 14, 2011

Together Again

Late this afternoon, the kiddies and I packed up and headed off to the airport to pick up Daddy. We got there a few minutes after he landed and he was already waiting outside the concourses.

I told him we would meet him up there since we came in on a different level. We came up the stairs and just stood there looking around for Ben. There were people standing all around us waiting for loved ones. We probably stood there for a good minute or two before the man standing just over to our left turned around.

It was Ben. It still makes me laugh to wonder how long we all would've stood there a few feet apart not knowing it!

Anyways, he is very tired from his long day of traveling and from being in so many different time zones in the past 4 days. He doesn't know what time it is or what day it is.

We're lucky he knows who we are!
``````````````````````````````

Earlier in the summer right after we moved, Samuel spotted a Cars 2 display at the grocery store that sold all sorts of gadgets for the exclusive fans of Lightning McQueen.

His eyes settled upon a red Lightning McQueen watch and he just had to have it. He bugged us non-stop for the next several days to go buy it. Ben and I talked about it and decided that if he wanted it that bad, instead of just going to buy it or even having him waste all his hard-earned piggy bank money, he would have to earn the watch.

I was always taught to work hard to earn things (mostly b/c we couldn't afford them anyways!) and how much more you appreciate the things you have that way.

Samuel worked all summer long doing chores, practicing kind and respectful behavior and earning 25 stars for his jar. He had some setbacks and learned some hard lessons but finally last week, Samuel earned his watch.

He adores it! He makes sure he has it wherever he goes and practices telling us the time. Which is helpful since I don't have a watch:) I reminded him of how hard he had worked and what good care of it he should take and how proud he should be.  He said, "Mommy, I will not let anything happen to this watch. I won't lose it or break it because I worked really hard for it!"

We're proud of his hard work and the good lesson he learned!

 I also took this pic last week. E was having a wild bed-head day so I stuck her hair up on her head:) I think she would look adorable even if she had a bird on her head or a wig!
It's very hard for me to get good pictures of Zakkai these days. Like this one, for instance. The other day at the water playground, I said, "Zakkai, smile!" And he said, "No!" And turned away.

What am I going to do with this kid?!

Off to enjoy some time with my hubby!

p.s. Thank you Aunt T for your helpful purse weigh-in. Please keep the comments coming! I'd really like to know (read yesterday's post if you're wondering what I'm talking about...)

1 comment:

aunt t said...

Where did Ben go for a few days? Was it work related?

Followers