Monday, August 1, 2011

The Musings of Monday

*Today we reunited best friends, Samuel and Peter. I cannot tell you how happy the two of them were. Well, 3 of them since Z plays right along with them! They got out almost every toy in the house, went inside and outside about 64 times until I was ready to lock them out, gobbled up lunch and popsicles and a whole plate of watermelon and begged for more, got all sweaty and little-boy smelling and gave each other about 7 hugs before we could tear them away from each other.

Ah, young friendship:)

*B is feeling a bit better each day but not 100% yet. It was nice to see him up and around today, even if a bit quiet.

*We just got done doing "money talk." I have 3 thoughts about it: 1)We were poor before we crunched numbers and we're still poor:) 2)We have really matured. In the earlier years, we were coming from two different places and had trouble meeting eye-to-eye and it led to a lot of tension. And now we can get through the tough reality-talk even with jokes and smiles and walk away closer than before. 3)Even when the numbers don't make sense and it seems like we'll never make it, we always do, thanks to God! I'm always amazed at His provision:)

*Having lots of thoughts on some family/household changes and would love to share soon. Including food changes, a chore chart and better time-management!

*I still miss Friedrich, especially in the quieter hours of the evening. Sometimes I hear the squeak of the floorboards and turn quickly thinking it's his meow. I got teary last week when I returned his cat scratcher toy that he loved so much. It was like we were erasing him from our lives. Samuel told me today out of the blue that he misses him, too.

*School starts in THREE weeks. I feel a little panicky, almost like it'll be my first day of school, too. (which, if you know me, was never an easy thing for me growing up! actually downright painful!) We have to pay fees, get supplies and get ready to start a whole new busy routine. I feel like we didn't get quite enough summer. I knew we were losing a month of summer with the school changes and now I'm feeling it. School already??

*I'm trying to get into a better bedtime/wake-up routine. It's hard for me to give up the quietness of the evening, the rare alone time that I get and so I find myself going to bed at 11 or later each night. And then I'm exhausted when my birdie chirps at 5:30 or 6am and can barely pry my puffy eyes open. Never mind that it's 10:30 and I'm still up right now! Baby steps....;)

That's about it for tonight:) The mommy-brain is shutting down....

1 comment:

grandma said...

Have to ask what is that big block of something on the last picture of S and friend. Its on brick wall.

Followers