Monday, August 15, 2011

Today's Tidbits

 Goodness, that sounds like something from Dunkin Donuts or Tim Hortons! Ha!

Today was a nice today, soaking up the presence of Daddy and enjoying being together again. He was pretty worthless this morning (don't worry, he would full-heartedly agree;) because he was so tired from all the traveling/busyness of his weekend. He traveled to Idaho to be the best man in his brother's wedding.

Around lunchtime, I suggested that we all take a walk to the library to return due books and take a little trip downtown. That seems to bring new life into Ben and he agreed that a walk would do him good;)

We stopped on our way downtown to fill up the boys' bike tires with air, as Z's especially was super low. Very sadly, on our way home, Samuel ran over a thorny branch from a tree and punctured his tire.

Within a minute or two the tire was completely flat and Samuel was brokenhearted;( He started sobbing as if the end of the world had come. And to him, I suppose it had. This boy loves his bike. He wants to ride it all day long and is gaining such confidence in his riding.

And who knew that one cannot simply patch up a bike tire but has to buy a whole new tire? And why does this have to come during an especially tight month when every dollar counts? Isn't that the way it always is? All those extra things like car repairs, maintenance, dentist visits etc come during the worst times!

Like, for instance, the oil change our van is getting right this moment. Can't ignore that! Or my wisdom teeth that shall be leaving my mouth on Wednesday. I'd happily ignore that except I'm the one who'd pay for that, most unpleasantly.

And it's not like we can wait to fix his bike as his summer is quickly drawing to a close and he is enjoying every second on his beloved fire-engine red bike. How could you tell a 6 year old, 'Sorry! You can ride it again next summer!' You simply can't.

And poor Samuel also lost his Thomas train that he has faithfully carried with him to church, to school, to the Dr's, to stores, park, Ohio, Florida and all the states in between. He has carried this particular Thomas train since he was just over 2 1/2 years old!!! Never mind that we have three other Thomas' that look exactly like this one except with less paint rubbed off from loving. It always had to be this one.

I keep hoping that Thomas will show up in time for school to start next week because I know that would be a comfort to him.

Zakkai has started the whole "When I grow up" thing like Samuel now. So far, when he grows up: He is going to build a race car fast enough to beat a tornado, build a house right next to the water playground so he can go there all day long everyday, go to Starbucks everyday and have $150.

I love that kids are not limited by their dreams! They don't know that they can't do some of these things. Anything is possible when you are 4 or 6! I am learning to dream all over again and I'd like to learn a few things from my boys. Dream big!

And Missy is up to many things these days. Most of them no good!

Looking pretty to go pick up Daddy yesterday. But don't let her angelic looks fool you! This little peanut is FULL of sugar and spice!

Her first tooth has FINALLY poked through! She keeps doing funny things with her tongue and making silly "sthhhthththsss" noises:)

She is so busy crawling everywhere and making huge messes now like knocking over stacks of books in my room.

And most recently.....(as of yesterday) she has learned to:


 Pull up! Oh me. Oh my. We are in trouble with a capital E! Or T:)
I have a printer box on the floor of our room, waiting to be set up and for the past few days she has been working hard to pull up on it. Well, she succeeded with great pride and joy yesterday morning (at 6am). And since then is already getting up to her feet!!

It has begun. I must now get serious about baby-proofing the house and getting firm in rules that have slowly relaxed over the years as the boys have gotten older and more responsible.

Next thing I know I'm going to find her standing in her crib screaming because she can't get down.

Life is so exciting for her right now, it's no wonder she fights taking naps!

I just wish that I could take them.....:)

2 comments:

Grandma W said...

Oh My! E is pulling herself up?!? Let the fun begin.

I will be thinking about you and praying for you concerning your wisdom teeth.

Also - regarding purses - my preferences are definitely zippers, smaller in size, as many individual pouches/pockets as possible, and shoulder straps available for "no hands" necessary carrying.
I love you.

grandma said...

Hi Heidi, Wellll I thought the picture of Eliana in the white dress was the cutes then you take that adorable picture in the pink d
ress. My goodness she is so cute. I guess we will be saying that in every pic taken of her. Also sweet Heidi prayers are with you for Weds. We Love You.

Followers