Saturday, August 13, 2011

Baby on the Rampage

 Is it still Saturday? What a long day! All three kiddos have been up since just after 5:30am.

I need a nap.

Oh wait, it's too late for that. Early bedtime then! We decided (or I did, anyways) to have a quieter day sticking close to home since we've been taking lots of trips this week.

The boys helped me clean the house today since I lagged a bit on my chores this week. We started in the basement and worked our way upstairs. We (and by we I mean me) did laundry and also some playing in the rain! Zakkai had enormous attitude today which was incredibly frustrating.

I texted Ben and told him I was looking into boarding schools a.s.a.p.

I didn't really mean it. I don't think.
All three munchkins were playing together today:) Or at least the boys were playing and the baby destroyer came along to "play", too. Or make a mess, whichever. Zakkai got mad at her and tried to crush her fingers with a truck.

He got in BIG trouble. The story of his life today. Sigh.

I'm really  hoping that tomorrow is better!!
`````````````````````````
I've been working on a bag the past two nights while B has been gone. I could NOT for the life of me figure out the directions because they were very poorly written/illustrated. So I improvised and made up my own thing.

 I thought it turned out pretty cute!! Although you can't tell from this picture, it's light blue and brown. I really like the double border and bow:)
Inside are 3 pockets. One large on and a bigger one divided in two (bow marks the divide.) Can't wait to use it!

I would like to make my own bag/purse pattern and perfect my techniques (that need a LOT of work). So I am polling: What are your favorite features of your purses? And/Or Why is your favorite bag/purse your favorite? Ex. Do you love pockets? Different sizes? How many? What do you keep in the pockets? Do you like zippers or snaps or ties? Ect.

Please weigh in!
````````````

 
 And lastly, we did a little craft today. We end up with tons of broken crayons around here that "accidentally" break in little fingers. Sometimes on purpose.

One time I read on another blog that this mom had the same problem so they put all their broken crayon bits in greased muffin tins and baked them at 225 degrees for 10 min or so until melted.

So we've been saving all our crayon bits for awhile and before we moved, I had the boys sit down a couple of times and peel off all the wrappings. It wasn't a punishment. I promise.
 I had to melt ours for probably 15 minutes, checking every few minutes once I got to 9 min, just to make sure! You can see it all melded together nicely. We let it cool for probably an hour.

I started to pry one out with a knife but then had the ingenious idea to turn the tin upside down and start banging.

I was probably working out some hidden aggression from today. It was good therapy.
 Several good, theraputic wacks later....here are our "new" crayons!
It kept the boys occupied while I put E to bed. Great way to use up crayon bits and have a fun, simple activity!

Now everyone is in bed and I'm off in search of some redemptive chocolate.

4 comments:

aunt t said...

Heidi, you are such a fun Mom!!
A great Mommy for those little busy boys!
I like to put my small items in a zippered pocket either on the outside or inside.

mommyoflove3 said...

Thank you, Aunt Terri! It's time I tried to do a zipper...

Emily S. said...

I like to have a couple of smaller pockets for my cell phone, wallet, and keys so they're easier to find, rather than me digging through the chaos of the rest of the purse.
I have a big request for you- develop a cute purse that has a long enough strap that it can be worn across my body. I really want one so I can have my hands free to deal with kiddos,groceries, etc. But they're all very dated looking or are big messenger bag sized. I will totally hire you to make me one if you're up to it!

grandma said...

Hi Heidi, Just saw your darling purses I love lots of pockets for my lipstick and pens and paper etc. I like the long straps too. I wear my Vera Bradley with long straps hands free. Love it.

Followers