Thursday, August 18, 2011

On the road..

 To recovery.  I cannot tell you how relieved I am to have this blasted surgery over with! Sometimes the fear of something is worse than the actual event.

I was nervous yesterday morning as we were driving to the appt and especially when they called my name. I started shaking when they were giving me the novocaine shots and fell like I was going to pass out for a minute! The worst part was just the pain of the shots and hearing the cracking of my teeth as they got ripped out.

So disgusting. I heard that sound in my head over and over again yesterday. Shudder. Today I am sore and have some discomfort if I don't take my ibuprofin regularly but it is nowhere near as bad as my gum graft.

Ben stayed home today to help me, which I really appreciated! He's a nice guy and I think I'll keep him:)

I did get to keep my teeth (I know that's gross) because I knew the boys would like to see them. They couldn't believe how big they are! I couldn't either actually... Too bad the tooth fairy won't leave me money for these! They're worth big bucks:)

Before I sign off, enjoy phone pics of my very busy little bee...

Loving pulling all the way up on "her" box!

 And her newest feat is climbing. We are so in trouble.
She makes such a mess of my books and loves every minute of it!

Goodnight!

3 comments:

Grandma W said...

So glad you're feeling a little better. At least you are on the other side of the surgery - and you have a souvenior to show for it. :)
Little Miss E is sure becoming very mobile very quickly. I love you all.

grandma said...

I havn't called because I thought you probably did not want to talk yet. Tomorrow we talk ready or not. That little Eliana is a busy one. What a fun age. Love and Hugs

charity said...

Oh Yikes, you were awake during the surgery? That noise would have been a bit too much for me too. Aaron has stories of Dr. Leahy practically climbing on top of Aaron trying to get leverage to rip those teeth out. Thank you Lord that I was able to be knocked out during my surgery.

Followers