Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bribery and Beauty

 What a beautiful day today! I can tell the weather is nicer, if not by feeling it for myself, by the way the boys aren't arguing about staying inside anymore. They want to be out all the time and don't want to come in unless bribed by necessities such as lunch:)


They got absolutely soaking wet this morning with water guns. They love to play water guns with Mikey but I'll tell you that it drives me bonkers that they come to the door every 3 minutes asking me to fill them up! I guess it's worth it for the smiles they had on their faces:)

 It was Ben's long day today, as he is trying to squeeze in all of his work hours before he leave to go out of town this weekend. So not only is the day long for him but for us as well. After I bribed the boys in for lunch, I also let them pick out a movie to watch. They are allowed to watch something during rest time on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm really trying to stick to that so that tv doesn't become an easy habit. Which is all too....easy to let happen:)
 My new rule is that they have to agree on whatever they choose or we don't watch anything. I want them to learn to work together instead of always trying to get their own way and beat each other down to get it. It's very cute to hear them talk it out and say things like, "Do you agree?" I know I set unrealistic expectations for everyone if I try to make a perfect world where they don't fight or bicker. Kids fight. Kids bicker. But I want them to have the tools to work through that instead of always running to me. And also to be able to think of another person instead of just themselves.

Seems like a lot of adults could use that lesson too.....
E is just as happy as can be. She adores her newfound skill of crawling! Oh, didn't I mention that she's full time now? Oh yes. She started on Sunday really crawling mostly with hands and knees instead of inch-worming and is extremely proud of herself for being able to get around;) Yesterday she worked her way from the living room to the kitchen, through the kitchen and into the dining room, almost in a full circle.

It took her a long time because she's slow and had to stop and inspect very important things like vents, crumbs and cracks in the floor but she did it and was very proud!

Awhile ago she started waving "buh bye" to her brothers because they say it to her when she leaves to go up to bed. She's said, "buh buh" a few times and we liked to think that she was trying to say it. Well, she definitely is now! She very clearly says, "Buh bye" and "Buh buh" when waving! And last night, as clear as a bell, she looked straight at Ben and said, "Buh bye, dada." We looked at each other in shock and started cheering for her which freaked her out.

It was probably a fluke but we'll just chalk it up to her baby genius-ness, okay? And speaking of the little beauty, don't forget to vote for her through Sunday!

1 comment:

Charity said...

Send some of that cooler weather down here. We are ready to do outside things again too. I have to keep reminding myself that we only have to put up with a few months of the over 100 degree heat and then we get beautiful weather the rest of the year.

Followers