Monday, January 24, 2011

She

is.....

sleeping through the night!!! Hooray!!

I feel like I have waited years for this...although it's only been 3 months:) I know that 3 months really isn't that long but it sure feels long when you are up several times every.single.night and falling asleep over your cereal in the morning!

She has gotten better and better with sucking her fingers over the past week (middle two on right hand) and comforts herself right back to sleep. She started on Thursday night with 9 hours and slept 11 hours last night! Woohoo!

And she laughed tonight for the first time! I was kissing her soft belly as I was getting her dressed for bed and she laughed! I think it surprised her:)

``````````````````````````````````````````````

Samuel had a playdate this afternoon with his best buddy Peter. They were wild and had such a good time together that Samuel was exhausted at dinnertime. They had such a hard time saying goodbye that you wouldn't think they are going to see each other tomorrow!

`````````````````````````````````````````````

And Zakkai has been boosting my ego (haha) by telling me at least 13 times a day, "Mommy, you look so pretty!" And then when I say thank you, he says, "Isn't that nice of me?" What a kid!

And last but not least; need a nice biscuit to go with your homemade soup on a winter's night? I've got a yummy one!

Fluffy Biscuits:

2 cups all-purpose flour

4 tsp baking powder

3 tsp sugar

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 cup shortening

1/4 cup butter (cold)

1 egg

2/3 cup milk plus a couple TB for brushing

Preparation:
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat the egg with 2/3 cup milk and stir into dry ingredients.

2. Turn out onto a well-floured surface and knead several times. Roll to 3/4 in thickness; cut with a floured 2 1/2 in biscuit cutter (or small cookie cutter!). Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk or cream for a shine.

3. Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm with butter and/or jam! mmmmmm...

No comments:

Followers