Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to School!

 Back to school, back to routine, back to non-lazy life again! Good-bye lazy wii days and movies, lounging around in pjs and having Christmas treats. Good-bye Christmas trees, lights and ornaments and wrapped presents under the tree.

Hello, long snowy days and bitter wind. Hello long months before we see our Ohio families again. Hello boots, gloves, scarves and lost mittens. Hello hot chocolate, oranges and Snuggies! Hello, January.


Samuel is back to kindergarten with his buddies. He brought home the dreaded "lice letter" today and I am freaked out!! It  has always been one of my worst nightmares that one of my children would get lice. Please, oh please, don't let Samuel get it!


Back to school for my preschooler! Z was so stimulated by school today that he couldn't settle down for a nap. I laid down with him for a few minutes and of course, this sleep-deprived mama fell asleep in 2.4 seconds. I kept being half-woken up by fingers poking my eyes and Rays rubbing my cheeks. I finally left his room, telling him to go to sleep, only to have him crack the door open 11 minutes later to tell me, "I've been sleeping so many minutes!" sigh.

And this little lady, sporting her very pretty new outfit from her Auntie G, had a half good sleeping day and a half bad sleeping day. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I was able to train the boys to sleep so well by 2 months old (13 hrs a night, great naps!) and this little one wants to fight. She took a 3 1/2 hour nap this morning in her carseat (adores her carseat) and then cried and cried all afternoon, fighting a nap. B and I are trying to figure out new strategies to help her since letting her cry for a bit before sleeping doesn't seem to be working (as in, hysterical baby=brokenhearted crying mommy!) I think we've come up with a new plan and hopefully it will work.

But even if her sleeping drives me crazy, I sure do love staring into her beautiful dark blue eyes!!

She's a keeper:)

No comments:

Followers