Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Zumba!!!

Guess where I went tonight???? Zumba!! My first time back since the beginning of February. We had to drop our Y membership for the summer and just picked it back up again at a reduced price. Apparently being poor pays off sometimes:) Ben's schedule has been to work every Tues night which is Zumba night but this week it changed and voila!

The instructor remembered me and made a point to welcome me. I recognized a few people in the class, including a very energetic, strange, sweaty man in tight biker shorts. Zumba attracts all kinds of people:)

Here's a glimpse of what Zumba looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7DyRjtWRc. My class would be minus the crazy guy waving the towel around:) My class is a whole lots smaller and the instructor faces the mirrors (with back to us) so we can copy her movements. It's so fun with loud, upbeat music and you work up a good sweat!!

Tonight one of the songs we did was a song I just heard for the first time this past week, thanks to my sis:) It's called Gangham Style. (I'll spare you the real video and give you a clip from the Today's show.) Apparently it's all the rage and lots of people are copying it. It's a very, very strange, yet intriguing thing to watch and I admit it was a lot of fun to try the dance tonight!

Anyways, glad to be back exercising again! When I told the boys I was going to Zumba tonight, Zakkai said, "Can I go to Zumba, too??!!"

Well, the Y has a kid's class called "Zumbatonic!" It's his lucky day.....

1 comment:

Grandma W said...

Hmmmmm,,,maybe Benj and I could do this :)

Followers