Monday, September 10, 2012

A Conversation.

Here's a conversation I just had with Zakkai as I tucked him in bed.

Z~ "Mommy, I need to tell you something. Like, Samuel, like, won't let me, like-"

Me~ "Whoa, whoa. Hey, Zakkai, why are you saying 'like' so many times? Try again so I can understand what you are saying."

Z~"Well, Mommy, like, Samuel, like, won't, like, let me-"

Me~"Zakkai, I can't understand what you are saying! Why are you saying 'like' so may times?!"

Z~ "Mommy, I have to! I can't stop saying it!"

Me~"But, Zakkai, you just said a whole sentence without saying it!"

Z, quiet for a few seconds.~"Well, I have to say like for that sentence. I can't help it!"

Me~"Why don't you try again and try really hard not to say like. I know you can do it!"

Z~pause "Mommy......Samuel, L-, Samuel won't let.....Samuel won't let me, li-, won't let me play with his toys."

Me~"You did it!!! Now why won't Samuel share his toys..."

Haha. Such a funny boy! He was getting so frustrated trying to not say "like" in his sentence but he was still able to laugh and try hard:)

Why do we say "like" so much??

No comments:

Followers