Thursday, August 2, 2012

Shearing the Sheep.

Pardon my lack of pictures the past few days. I haven't been feeling well and haven't taken much time to take pictures. I went to the drs today and got some blood tests done, in hopes that we can figure out what is going on. I want to feel good for our vacation!!


Yesterday morning, I needed a few more minutes to get ready so I plopped Missy in the rocking chair next to Samuel, who loves to visit her every morning, and peeked in to find this:) Sweet moments!


I made a silly little project this week that I've been wanting to make for awhile. Yes, I know it's not the cutest thing ever but it's not really meant to be! It is a car pocket organizer for the boys. It will hang on the back of the seat in front of them. The top part has 2 pockets, the middle pocket will be a "trash" pocket and the bottom is for holding books and notebooks, etc. This one is Samuel's.


And this one is Zakkai's. Surprisingly, they really loved them when I showed it to them! Maybe it will help keep the car from looking like a tornado blew through, as it always does after we travel.

We'll see!


This little thing is so much trouble these days! She has figured out that she can go get the bathroom stool and carry it to the counter and get into things. I have to be SO careful not to leave knives close to the edge of the counters or anything else dangerous. Not to mention, keeping her away from the stove top!

She also likes to unroll the toilet paper, wash her bows in the bathroom sink, climb over the gate to the stairs and color on everything in sight. Can we say toddler??!!


I finally sheared my sheep tonight. They needed a good shearing before our trip and school starting. This is how very excited Samuel was.....

Poor kid HATES haircuts and always has. Doesn't matter if we cut it fast or slow, gently, are patient or firm or frustrated or do a song and dance. It always ends up in tears. He just can't stand hairs getting in his face (we give him a towel to cover his face) or when the shaver pulls his hairs.


But now he's as handsome as can be and relieved to be done! He told me in the bathtub that his haircut was boring. Ha! Maybe we'll go for a mow hawk next time?


And our little scarecrow....He fights during his haircuts but he was awesome tonight!


I asked him to pose with his new cut and this is what I got. I shall call this "Deer in the Headlight." Let's try again.


Okay. No.

That'll do:)

Anyone else enjoying the gymnastics?!

1 comment:

Grandma W said...

I love the pic of S and E reading in the rocking chair. The fact all three kids love books so much is wonderful! I know that has taken a lot of time and hard work - but it is paying off. The "car bags" are amazing. What a talent you have.

Followers