Friday, August 31, 2012

Curtain Call.

 I've been wanting to make curtains for Eliana's room for awhile now. We had a lovely makeshift "curtain" of different blankets hanging down.

a) It looked tacky.

b) It didn't even block all the light.

c) We couldn't let light in because it was a pain to put up/take down the blankets.

Enough reasons for curtains, I say!! So a lovely friend of mine gifted me with a giftcard to one of my very favorite stores in the whole world (Howdy, JoAnn's!) for my bday and I've been saving it. I finally used it to buy material and a quilt magazine.

I've been working on the curtains since yesterday and finally finished this afternoon.


Tada! I used an old dark blue sheet as the liner for the curtains to really help block light. It works beautifully!! The tabs at the top each have buttons, alternating light purple/dark purple and the middle fabric has some pink in it, too. Eliana and I like pink and purple:)

Now it's dark......



Now it's light!! I am ridiculously excited to be able to open the curtains in the morning and fill her room with light. I've never been able to decorate a nursery and have been stuck with plain old white walls these last umpteen years but now she has a little personal touch to her room!

It's the little things in life:)

1 comment:

Charity said...

so cute! I like pink and purple too.

Followers