Tuesday, June 30, 2009

10 Years!

10 years of what, you ask?! I'll give you a hint..."I'm gonna party like it's 1999!" Yeah, I did just write/sing that song in my head. You know it'll be in your head, too, now. You're welcome.

Yup, it's true! My 10 year high school reunion is THIS year! I really have no interest in going to the reunion since it's totally going to be all the popular people getting together to check each other out and see who still looks good (or doesn't!), who got married, had kids.....okay, yes, I'm totally interested in finding that info out but really, who wants to go see a bunch of people who aren't going to remember you anyways?

So instead, I'll share what I've done in the last 10 years since I became an "adult."
1. Quit being a goody two shoes. Okay, fine! I didn't.
2. Went to college at Miami University of Ohio. Yea for roomates who hate you! Yesssss....
3. Met the love of my life when I was barely 18 years old. Wow, that sounds young!
4.Worked at Petsmart, the Der (Ohioans should know!) and two childcare centers.
5.Dated the love of my love for 3 1/2 looooooonnng and really fun years!
6. Got engaged. (great story!)
7. Got married. And lovin' it!
8. Moved to Indiana.
9. Went to Israel. Would love to go back!
10. Got preggo with and had my sweet Samuel!
11. 8 weeks later, moved to Chicago.
12. Met new friends.
13. Got really sick with thyroid stuff.
14. Started leading mom's group.
15. Got preggo again with my adorable Zakkai!
16. Had Zakkai.
17. Have been/still am supporting husband through school (wait, been doing that our whole married life!)
18. Looking forward to the next step of life!

In the past 10 years, I have cried a lot, healed a lot, smiled and laughed a lot, loved a whole bunch, have had the socks blessed off of me (quite a few times!), have met amazing people, seen new places, been through hard times, been lonely, been loved, been sick, learned to be strong, learned to like who I am, and a whole lot more! I am thankful to God for how He has shaped me through people, places, trials and blessings. I'm looking forward to the next 10 years!

I'm gonna party like it's 1999!

No comments:

Followers