Tuesday, June 23, 2009

History and the dreams of Boys

We left Chi-town and it was rainy and cold. We came back to Chi-town and it is hot and muggy. What's up with the weather?! I'm glad summer's come but now I have to talk the hubster into dragging out air conditioners and setting them up....

Aside from our rough start to our trip with Z's fall, we had a good time. It was incredibly hard for me to leave the boys; I didn't sleep a wink so by the time we left at 4 am Friday morning, I was sobbing and Ben was patting my knee and telling me to take a nap:) 5 naps and two burning eyes later, I started to feel slightly better....

We loved our time in Philadelphia! Wanna know the truth? We liked it even better than Chicago. I'm not a big city person and do not want to raise my kids in one but I really liked Philly. Chicago feels much colder and industrial in comparison. We had a really nice time at the wedding, met lots of new people and spent most of our day Saturday in Historical Philadelphia visiting sites like the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin's grave and the very Senate house where George Washington and John Adams got sworn in! Pretty cool. History is really fascinating to me. I forget that our government didn't start in Washington; it started right there in Philly. (I'm sure that's what they called it, too:) I would highly recommend a trip there! It could've been the history and neat things that we saw that made it so great but it was mostly likely holding hands, strolling aimlessly along with no place to be, watching the other parents struggle with their children who should've been napping, watching stupid movies, sharing a giant ice cream treat, exploring a new place together, getting rained on and not caring and just spending time together. Yep, I'm pretty sure that was it.
The boys got along famously while we were gone, being spoiled by Muggas and Grandmas alike. They had various new toys, popsicles stains and stories about parks and bowling. Crackers and cousins, watering the garden, helicopters and Papa's tractor. Riding on Mugga's front porch, picnicing with Grandma, kitty cats and cows. Red cups and green ones, beds on the floor, new stories read to them, airplane noises from Papa and the city of bugs. It's the stuff boy's dreams are made of!

We are all off schedule, exhausted, hot but happy with good memories of the weekend to spur us on through the week! Pics to post tomorrow!

2 comments:

Angela Kim said...

I'm so glad you had such a great trip! And that the kids did so well without you too!!! Was this your first time leaving the boys? I'll be doing that for the first time in a couple weeks. (just for 2 days, and they're staying with DADDY so it won't be so bad.)

I look forward to seeing the pictures tomorrow!!

grandma said...

How fun it was to see you and Ben and your precious boys. Grandpa & I had such fun bowling with boys. They did really well bowling. It won't be long and you will be here for the 4th. How great is that.

Followers