Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not So Wordless Wednesday..

Two little boys that I know, stole my cozy socks (a gift from my wonderful grandma every Christmas) and decided to trade in their pants! A new fashion statement?
Even better with shoes on the wrong feet no less!
Oooh! Try stripes with slippers! A definite must!

I opened Samuel's door after naptime today, on my way to use the restroom. He came stumbling out and sat nearby me. I asked him if he took a nap and he nodded vigorously and said, "I did take a good nap and then I woke up for 8 minutes! Because I thought it was time for naptime to be over." Funny, I always thought a 20min nap was supposed to be a power nap....




I learned a lesson in the past couple of days, unfortunately. It's a bloggy blog world. There are many blogs out on the internet, many people just wanting to share pictures and tidbits with their families and friends, people writing to heal from the grief of losing loved ones, people with writing styles filled with humor to give you a laugh over a variety of subjects and on and on. I have admitted before, that last year for the first time I became a blog reader. I have since then found many blogs that I like to check every few days for different reasons. I saw a link on one of these blogs, as did many other people, to pray for a young woman who was carrying a baby girl who was going to die. I was hooked, I read her beautiful words with tears in my eyes, prayed many times for this precious baby girl, was captivated with many people all over the world as she gave birth on Sunday...only to find out yesterday that it was all a scam. A lie.


It hurt almost as if I'd known this family personally. It showed me how connected and invested people get to others all over the bloggy world, sometimes a blessing and sometimes...not so much. It has taught me to be more cautious, as my compassionate heart gets the best of me sometimes, and to be more discerning. It's sad that people would use others for their own profit or whatever they get out of it. I used to have grand ideas of having a blog that had a large number of readers but now I have seen the crud that comes with that: anonymous comments from hateful people, etc. I am perfectly happy with my family and friends and a few other internet readers reading about my little family in my little corner of the world.
**************************************************************************
Moving on, I have made two meals in the past two days that were completely inhaled by my two picky-when-they-feel-like-it eaters! I would love to share these very simple recipes! Because if you know me, you know I absolutely adore recipes!!
Who knew that Chicken Tostadas could tempt the taste buds of my little blond headed cuties?! Maybe these delicious simple tostadas will tempt yours too...
Chicken Tostadas (loose recipe)
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken, shredded
Tomatoes
2 Avocados
1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
Colby-Jack Shredded Cheese or your favorite kind
Whole Wheat Tortillas
small amount olive oil
1. Cook boneless chicken breasts until done and cut in to small strips or shred. If using Rotisserie chicken, shred.
2. While chicken is cooking, follow directions for cooking black beans on can. Dice up tomatoes and avocados.
3. In a small round frying pan, heat up a tsp of olive oil and cook tortillas one at a time, on both sides until slightly browned and crisp. Or can bake tortillas in 400 degree oven, sprayed with olive oil spray.
4. Serve tortillas with beans, chicken, cheese, tomatoes, avocadoes and any other veggies you desire and enjoy!
*My boys usually like to eat everything separated on their compartment plates:)
Will post more recipes soon!

1 comment:

grandma said...

In looking over your receipts found the picture of Sam wearing socks I give you at Christmas. I loved it. My comfort socks. I know he loved the feel of them.

Followers