Sunday, June 14, 2009

Busy weekend!

Whew! It's been a busy few days! We had friends over for dinner and games on Friday evening, went downtown for a special lunch to celebrate the graduation of one of our friends from grad school yesterday, had church this morning and ended the day playing with friends out in the park followed by a picnic! Samuel has been begging to have a picnic and the weather was FINALLY nice enough to have one so we took advantage! It wasn't your average picnic either:) We had breakfast for dinner picnic! Pancakes, sausage, lots of fruit...It was good and very relaxing. I do hope summer comes to stay soon...

Although the boys have been driving me crazy at bedtime lately, they have been amusing me with some funny stuff lately!

Samuel: 1) (having a conversation with me about how Z is younger than S, so he can't drink out of a big boy cup as well yet) "But Zakkai won't be younger when he gets older!" good logic!
2) "Let's go on a pitnick!"
3) "I smell a squirrel and a chickmunk! They smell like little teeny tiny animals."

Zakkai: 1) "One, Two, Free, Four.....Nine, Ten! I count!" Missed a few, buddy:)
2)"I have 'tinky feet!" said very proudly!
3)"Oh, ho ho!" and he sounded like a jolly pirate..

I'll have to write a post, maybe tomorrow, on some new goals for our parenting and new focuses with the boys. We've been doing a lot of talking and thinking lately about improving how we parent and being the best we can for our boys! There is nothing like having children to make you want to change....

No comments:

Followers