Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ode to Target

*Idea taken from another blog*

My name is Heidi and I am a Target-a-holic. I make at least 1 trip there a week and that's all I will admit to. I buy everything from Target: my clothes, my children's clothes, our food, our....well, everything. I can look around the room right now and spot at least 5 things from Target. The pleasure I felt when I first moved here and saw the two-story Target nearby wasn't normal. The extreme bliss and insane joy that bubbled up in my soul when I first stepped foot in my local Super Target where I do all of my grocery shopping was...well, let's just say I may have driven away friends.

I have an addiction. I often enter the sweepstakes to win the $5000 gift card that just calls my name, all to no avail. I'm not sure that anyone really wins. I think it is all a cruel joke to prey on the thousands of un-named Target-a-holics out there. Mr. Target was a genius to open up such a wonderful store. I thought I had it good in the last place we lived when we had Super Walmart to grocery shop in. I know, I know, not even in the same caliber! I could do a whole post on Super Amazing Target vs. Super Cheap Walmart but....I won't. The name Target speaks for itself. The only thing that would make SuperTarget even better would be to partner with JoAnn's Etc and combine stores. Of course, I may have to move in then.

You know you spend too much time in Target when your son recognizes the route you're driving and says, "I'm tired of going to that store every time!"

My name is Heidi and I am a Target-a-holic.

No comments:

Followers