Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ho-Hum

Not much going on here today. It was gross outside most of the day which leaves us stuck inside, which doesn't do too much for cagey children and a grumpy mama. I tried to keep the boys entertained with beanbag games and rearranging toys, which totally enthralls them.

I have a big container of toys in their closet and every couple of months, I switch out toys. They become "brand new" to the boys and everyone is happy. Genius, I tell you! Another smart thing is to store away a few Christmas and Bday presents to pull out one at a time for special prizes or rainy days:) I first started doing this the year Z was born. I put several things away from Christmas and pulled them out little by little after little brother came along so Samuel would feel special and keep entertained. Worked wonders!

I am lame-o today with not much to report. I have really been trying to spend my evenings doing crafty, "girly" things, that are fun and also on my personal goal list for this year. For instance, getting caught up on scrapbooking. I am now up to Sept 2007. I am SO determined to get caught up by the end of the year! If I do one month of pictures (ex. July 2007), once a week for both of them, that's about 4 months in one month. Following me here? If I do that, I should be caught up around November! Who am I kidding? I know probably the only people to ever care about these books are me and any future Mrs. Thomas'! Do boys like to look through scrapbooks?

Anyways, I get torn because I am also trying to finish my quilt this year, too. It's one of those things that you know you need to finish or it'll become like an 8 year project. I'm on a year and a half now:) I already have ideas for several other ones, like quilts for the boys, especially now that they're both in big boy beds. How cute would that be?

I'm off to bed. I'm trying to get in bed early these days because I'm back to working out like a good girl! I did my Shred again and I don't think I'll be quite as sore this time. I hope.

No comments:

Followers