Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Let It Snow!

 We're finally getting our winter at the end of February! This morning I was out and about getting pelted in the face with sleet while taking Z to his 6 year check-up. (He's nice and healthy! Tall and a healthy weight!). By the time we left the drs office at lunchtime, the icy sleet had turned to snow.

And it hasn't stopped snowing yet!!


And lucky for the boys, it's perfect snowman building snow! They finished their homework in a jiffy and raced out to play and build a snowman so that we could see it from the window. Here is Miss E watching the action:)


I peeked out and was amazed at the size of their first snowball!!


Here's the boys rolling up the strangely shaped head:)


Missy wasn't feeling too well today, as she's coming down with (another) cold. Blast these winter germs! She and I just watched and took pictures from the comfort of our warm (ish) home.

They got stuck when trying to lift their humongous snowman parts on top of each other so they enlisted the help of Daddy.


Quick as a flash, their 6 foot plus snowman was put together and ready for some decorating!


They had so much fun that I was almost tempted to join them. Almost:)


They found a scrawny carrot for a nose, some charcoal for the eyes, cheerios for the mouth, a scarf and someone even gave them a pipe for his mouth!! I'll have to take a good picture from outside tomorrow so you can see. All the neighbors walking by seemed to enjoy watching the boys!

Anyone else think the snowman has a little resemblance to E.T.??



I just have to share my latest project with you!! I am so excited about this one! And disclaimer, in no way am I intending to brag or act like I'm some put together bloggy, blog mom (gag); I just really love to do stuff like this and enjoy sharing!

I almost never sew anything for myself but I spotted this bag pattern and knew I had to make one for myself! I should admit here and now that I do have a bag fetish. Just so you know.

I learned some really cool new things while making this! I put in my very first zipper, as you can see in the front zippered pocket. Not nearly as scary as I thought:)


I learned how to put in eyelets to make the purse sturdy for the drawstrings. (the bows).


I did magnetic snaps for the bag and for this cute inside pocket!


Oh, I'm just crazy about this bag! I still entertain the idea of making and designing bags to sell someday. To share the love with people who also love bags like me:)


And something that is fun about this bag is you untie the bows and pull it out to make a huge bag to fill with whatever you want! A fun travel or beach bag maybe?


Lots of room inside!! It took me over a week to make it because there were a ton of steps involved and I needed some special tools to pound the eyelets in place and got stalled after I ordered a tool that didn't work and had to send it back and wait for the new one.

I think I just might take this fun bag on our vacation to Florida next month! That's right, our family is making the long sojourn down to Florida in a few weeks to visit my grandparents. What's even more fun is that we'll be meeting my mom, step dad and my sister and her little fam down in Georgia and we'll travel the rest of the way together!

Woohoo!


And I leave you with another (terrible) shot of our new guardian. He sort of looks like a dog snowman in this picture.....but don't tell the boys I said that!

Ciao!

3 comments:

grandma said...

Tell the boys love..love the snow man..my I say put a sign out that you are watching so don't knock down..or else..I sound tough huh! Love your bag..you are becoming a little sister to vera bradley huh!..Heidi Bradley sounds good..What fun we will have in fl.Just rented a 4 seater cart..Fun time.

mommyoflove3 said...

haha! I do love Vera Bradley....I'm so excited for FL!!

mugga love said...

Wish I had been there to help the boys with the snowman! I'm so jealous. And yes, I can see it now, Heidi Bradley Creations!

Followers