Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hello!

We are still alive and well! I haven't had much of a chance to be home or on the computer the past couple of days, which really helps my Lent decision about the internet! haha.

Today Eliana and I went to MOPS. She has adjusted SO well to going into her 2 year old classrooms at MOPS and at church on Sundays. It was really tough for awhile but we had great teachers working with us to help her adjust. It's fun to see her happy to go play and to hear her chatter on the way home about what she did. She'll say, "Ms Barb. Pway Puzzles! Goldfish." And this afternoon she kept singing some song about the Bible. Not sure if she was making it up or she heard it today but either way it was cute!

She did not nap today though, which was frustrating. It almost seemed like she was energized by her fun morning, whereas I was suffering from a horrendous headache and needed to lay down for a bit. I was laying in the next room listening to her talk the entire nap time. It went something like this:

"Mommy! Mama, turn light on. Mama, where's Daddy? Daddy's downstairs. Waaaaaaah! Daddy, Missy cryin'. Daddy, downstairs. Mama, go check Daddy. Mama! Mamaaaaaa! Mama, check Daddy downstairs. (thump, bang.) Waaaaa! Missy hurt. Missy need bandaid. Missy need Dora bandaid. Mama, need Dora Bandaid!!!! All better now, Mama? All better? It's all better, Mama. Waaa-aaa! Missy wake up!"

And on and on, for 2 hours. I was even more exhausted by the time I got her up! Needless to say, she went to bed early tonight.

We had our neighbors over for dinner tonight, which was nice. We've been trying to break down our isolation walls and reach out to people and Ben just threw out a dinner invitation to our neighbors, a couple with a new baby, over the weekend.

I was really nervous because we don't know them really well and I didn't feel well all day but prayer works, let me tell you because my headache almost completely disappeared while they were hear and we had relaxed easy conversation and built the start of a great relationship!

Great start to the weekend! Hope yours is, too!

1 comment:

Charity said...

Wow, she was really fighting that nap.

Followers