Sunday, February 17, 2013

Date Night!

Hello, again! I survived a whole day without the computer! Amazing. Who'dda thunk it could be done:) You know what though? It was really nice to have a break from certain things like Facebook. I don't know about you but I often walk away from facebook with a lingering feeling of anxiety or upset due to thing people post or comment on.

Today, one of the first things I saw when I logged on was a really upsetting article that someone posted. Sometimes it's nice to have a break from people's opinions and ratty news for awhile. Ya know? Anyways...

We kept very busy yesterday. Ben went to a class all morning at our church and the kiddos and I did some cleaning and rearranging! We made a nice little art area down in the basement, which looks pretty nice. I had art supplies in different cabinets and places stored out of the way and it will be so much better all together. I'm sure it will be especially nice when it gets warmer out, as the basement is a nice cool place to be. It's just a little chilly down there right now!

And then, dun dun dun!!! Ben and I got to go on a date!! First time in 11 months, folks. Some of our best friends here came over to babysit, to our extreme thankfulness. We have a gift exchange with all my sisters and hubbies each Christmas and the theme this year was date night! We put Missy down early, left dinner for our friends and the boys, who barely glanced up to say goodbye they were so enthralled with the company, and headed out!

We said a prayer as we drove away because we were hoping that Eliana would stay asleep and that we would have a good time, too. God answered both prayers! We seriously had one of the best dates we've had in a long time. Or one of the only dates, ha:)

Unfortunately, we don't know what nightlife is like anymore and stupidly, didn't realize that every restaurant would be super crowded, being a Saturday night and the Saturday just after Valentine's Day, to boot! Our restaurant was all booked up for reservations by the time we thought of it and it was a 2 hour wait time to walk in!

We decided to put our name in anyway and go spend our Barnes and Noble gift card. Talk about leisure! Can I tell you the last time we were able to linger in a bookstore, browsing and even sitting to read and talk for a bit?? Never. It was so fun!

We finally went back to the restaurant to get our pager and had to wait another 35 minutes but boy, was it worth the wait! I'm not sure if they have restaurants in other states but if you have a Maggiano's near you, go for it! Our server was SO nice, the food was absolutely amazing and the company was not too shabby either;)

Hopefully that date will tide us over for awhile til we can have another one! Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get to go out and celebrate the big 10 next month! woohoo.

1 comment:

grandma said...

I know what you mean about facebook some times I get upset to..I try to remember I want to be on there because I can see my grandkids but sometimes when they are not acting like christians ..You get what I mean..Anyway Im glad you are back on wasn't that a cute picture of Eveie standing up..Thats the good of facebook..They are coming to fl. too won't we have fun..bocci, pool, here we come..

Followers