Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Snips

A few snippits of our day:

*I was Mystery Reader for Zakkai's class this afternoon. Oh, if only you could have seen his face light up! It feels so good to have the power to make your child feel special and loved! He got to come sit on a special chair next to me and he was beaming the whole time:)

*It was actually sunny today! I thought I'd document it for proof that the sun does actually shine....:)

*Our bread machine, after 10 years of faithful service, is going to be laid to rest. The stinky part? The machine itself is working pretty well. It's the bread pan that is shot and there are NO replacement parts that are sold or fit it! I am SO sad because I have adored this bread machine. It has made countless loaves of delicious homemade breads and endless batches of pizza dough. Wiping a tear....

*We hauled up the train/lego table and legos to the boys' room this afternoon and set up rules so it won't become a declared disaster zone like it has been in the basement! I think they will really enjoy having a nice space to play legos in their room. The empty space in the basement is going to become an art area and I will be happy to share pictures once I fix that up!

*Eliana and I trekked over to Goodwill this morning to drop off some things we were able to weed out in the room transitions and to look for some lamps, as we have some dark zones in our house. I got 2 lamps (shades and bases) for a total of $8! Eliana is SO excited to have light in her room:) I also picked up the first 4 books in the Mitford series for only $3.50 total. I always think of my family when I see those books, knowing how much some of them love that series!

*Ben and I gave up tv for the first week of Lent. It didn't seem like a big deal, as we are not big tv watchers. But sometimes you do something more than you think you do or at least take for granted its availability and when it's not available....We usually watch a movie Friday nights, let the kiddos watch a cartoon a couple times a week and maybe a movie on Saturdays and I like to turn on a show while I fold laundry. Not this week! I folded in silence tonight and did some praying instead. Maybe I have been filling silence with noise and time with mindless activities when God could have used that time to speak to me? Just a thought....

*I am doing much better with computer time since I wrote my post. A half an hour a day and being much more intentional about being quick and conscientious of time. I think Saturdays will be my off-limits day, which I think will be harder than I thought. No email, no quick WWF game, no blog......just time focusing on my family. Probably a good thing....

See you Sunday!

5 comments:

grandma said...

The Mitford series was my favorite..I found it years ago and could not wait for the next book to come out..What fun..Also saw on tv (sorry Heidi) this morning a cute fun thing for kiddos..You get a app. on I guess tv, computor, tablet???? I dont know what a app. is any way it cost 1.99 called Toca band and also Grandpa work shop .99..They looked so cute..Just saying.

Anonymous said...

Heidi, your font makes your exclamation points look like a one or lower case L. I thought you spent $81 on two lamps and I was going to tell you that was not a good deal!

Grandma, an app is something you get for a smartphone.

mommyoflove3 said...

haha, Kristiana! that is the only thing I don't like about this font...maybe I'll change it. Gram, I'll have K look up the apps on her new smartphone:)

Charity said...

I had to lay my bread maker to rest last year for the same reason. So frustrating. You would think they would sell parts separately. Luckily Jordan got me a new bread maker for Christmas so I wasn't without it for very long. He spoils me. He's a good kid, that Jordan.

mommyoflove3 said...

I can't believe you had the same problem, Charity! So frustrating! What kind did Jordan get you? I'm afraid a new one won't be as good; I've just loved ours so much!

Followers