Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cheese!

The Blueberry Gang:)


It took a bit of convincing for the boys to pose for this picture. And boy, look at Eliana's face! Pretty much what she's been like the past 2 days. She doesn't handle colds well:(

Zakkai did GREAT last night being Ray-less and fingerless! He's pretty darn proud of himself. And I totally forgot to take a picture of Mr Z and his new bedtime companion, Ice Bird. Oops!

Eliana didn't do great but not quite terribly either. I feel bad taking pacis while she's sick but yet, at the same time, it seems like the right time. She was up about 4 times crying for me last night but settled back down easily until the last time, which was quite a bit early than her usual wake-up time. I felt really anxious about naptime since she's been fighting it so much. I tried to rock her and get her sleepy but gave up after about 30 min. She asked for her pacifier only once and got a little teary but it was over very quickly. I put her in bed and after lots of squawking and calling me for things for about 20 min, I went in and laid her down and tucked her in without saying a word and left.

That worked her up and she cried for almost 40 minutes:( Then, all of the sudden, blessed silence for the first time in four days! She only slept an hour and woke up crying and crying but bedtime went much smoother tonight and we are hopeful that once she gets past this sickness, she'll be content without her beloved pacis and sleeping much better!

I hope I make it til then. A cranky 2 year old is exhausting!!
````````````````````````````````````````
This morning I made a new recipe for breakfast that was a smash hit with all so I thought I'd share!

Amish Baked Oatmeal
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
fresh/frozen fruit

Preparation:
1. Combine first 8 ingredients; mix well. Spread evenly in a greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

2. Serve with fresh or frozen fruit! 

I doubled the recipe and cooked it in a 9x13 pan. I am not at all an oatmeal fan but I loved this! Would be good with fruit baked in it, too!

1 comment:

Grandma W said...

Big steps for Z and E. I hope E is feeling better. That pic of her looks so sad. You can really tell she is not feeling well. Love to all.

Followers