Monday, October 8, 2012

Art.

 Today the kiddos and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby to pick up a few things that Ben and I need for a secret bday gift for a certain almost 2 year old! The boys got stuck in the pom-pom/crafty aisle and said, "Please can we get something? We used to do art projects all the time!"

I knew they were right. When they were younger, we did all sorts of crafts!! Now that we're so busy with school, homework and playing outside with friends, we don't have a whole lot of time for crafts, sadly.

But I remembered something I've been wanting to do with the boys for awhile. I bought a pack of canvases for $5 and we used some of our bazillion crayons and voila!! Art Project.



It was a little hard for me to not step in to make these the way I would want to: organizing colors or something. But I really wanted the boys to make them all on their own. Choosing their colors and designs. I found these on pinterest. You hot glue the crayons onto the canvas and then blow a hair dryer on High until the wax begins to melt down. It took forever to peel all the crayons and longer than I thought to melt it. Still, it was fun!


Both boys wrote their names on the canvases, hoping that the wax would drip down and make their names colorful. Zakkai's name got totally covered but you can still see Samuel's under his "sun."


It was such a great project and now these two happy boys can actually have a little artwork on their barewalls!!

I think I'm going to make one for E's wall, too...

1 comment:

Grandma W said...

I really like their art work. Both are so colorful. I know Z always has a LOT of color in his pictures. Glad E is feeling better. Now just to keep the germs away all winter! Love and prayers.

Followers